Portrait day

Edit My Images
Yes
Still getting some mixed results from the D90 but it does deliver some pleasing results as well....sorry there's a few....liked all of these from today.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0138-1.jpg

Please C&C as i've much to learn still.

Mike.

Great framing in each one makes them all v cool.

Awesome BG blur in each too (y)

Spot on eye focus in each which is important.

No1 doesnt do much for me but the rest are all ace.

All shot with the wonderful 50mm F1.8 - I borrowed a mates Nikor 14-24 which costs scary money and to be honest of the 2 i'd take the £70 50mm prime every time. Completely different purposes mind.

No1 doesnt do much for me but the rest are all ace.

Thanks for that - I need to understand what only looks a reasonable pic to me because of the association, and therefore doesn't always work for others.

Thanks for that - I need to understand what only looks a reasonable pic to me because of the association, and therefore doesn't always work for others.

this is where opinions make it fun as i really like #1 infact it's my fave of the set.

I'm more of a fan of images where you can see the scene so it's the best of the bunch for me.

the rest are good, the framing works and the focus is good.

Not so keen on the first but the colours are lovely, as they are throughout the whole set. The B&W is also lovely with great eye contact, but you may want to clone out a few of the stray hairs on her left (our right) eye.

Number 4 may have benefited from a slightly larger dof to bring his other eye into focus but the one that is, is really sharp and lovely. However you may want to clean this up a little to clone out the food on his temple and around his nose which I keep getting drawn to.

Hope this helps

Lee (y)

Back