Portrait of Carole - Before and After

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
What do you think to these then guys? Bear in mind these aren't images for a customer, Carole is a friend of mine, and I think I want to keep the second one on my website as part of my portfolio, good/bad idea?

Carole Before
carolebefore.jpg

Carole After
caroleafter.jpg

Is anyone seeing a change in my shots lately? I feel like I am on a bit of a plateau at the moment, really trying to up my game :)

2 things I notice straight away,

the pendant of her necklace, I thought it was something on her chin.

the second pic makes the wrinkles around the eyes stand out more and I doubt if there are many wimmenfolks that would like that.

These are just immediate observations, not an in depth study.

I really like the processing, with a couple of small crits if thats ok. The first is that what I think is a necklace appears to be something stuck to her chin and looks a little odd - some judicious cloning perhaps? [if she has a 'chin piercing', forgive me ;) ] Also, the conversion, which has generally softened everything in a very flattering way has also managed to highlight her laughter lines more than the original, not necessarily a critism, I am just curious that is has happened more then anything.

edit: well at least I said the same as admirable, even if I said it slower :LOL:

Haha, good point on the pendant :D

I see what you mean about the laughter lines, normally I would tone them down, but Carole is a very happy, smiley person, I think they are better left in in this instance :) But thanks for the crit both :)

:LOL:

well i actually noticed her cleavage 1st but thought I'd be a gentleman! :naughty:

You cant miss her boobs, she's got a fab rack :LOL:

:LOL: gotta love a good woman!

Oh, one small thing, square catchlights in the eyes. I will be honest and say they aren't too obvious as I didnt notice them the first time, but now I have.... :bonk: Apparently its not the done thing :shrug:

Thats what you get for working in a small space, hmmph :D

Ill admit I dont always round the catchlights off, sometimes it works, sometimes not :)

I like the processing you've applied to this shot:clap:.
The catchlights issue is a new one on me, we live and learn, thank you YV, I've filed it under useful things to remember(y).

I agree about the pendant and if the laughter lines are part of who she is and define her outlook then I have no problem leaving them in.

Mark(y)

The bloody pendant is annoying me now :LOL:

Glad the processing is hitting the right notes at least :)

the pendant was the first thing I noticed - it's just soooo distracting - looks like a mole with hairs sticking out!
I also actually like the catchlights in the eyes - why is it a no-no?

and thirdly - nice cleavage!

Hi Betty
Felt moved to comment.
First thing that strikes me on second is brill eye job - they look vastly improved.
Never heard of rounding catchlight and the square looks fine to me.

Agree with points made on pendant.
Lines look OK to me... as does rack !

Thanks both, so we are all agreed, pendant goes, cleavage stays? :LOL:

Thanks all, I wont be touching the laugher lines at all, but I will be cloning out the pendant, cant believe I didnt spot it sooner!

Thanks Pippy, I am working on the pendant now :)

I cant answer the square catchlight question, Ive seen it work in some cases, guess its a marmite thing :D

Well the pendant has been adressed so Ill just add what were my first thoughts...
Fab, full of life. and slightly cheeky shot that could stand a little processing to bring out her best attributes.
Nooo! you dirty minded devils, I actually meant her eyes!

I have to say I dont think the processing does too many favours on the second shot, for me it has a slightly halloweenish feel to it.
Something that would work great on a gothic/alternative portrait, but not really here, Jmo of course.
However, the processing does bring out those fabulous eyes! :)

Thanks Glo, I had another go earlier to tone it down a bit. She does have gorgeous eyes though, the cowbag :D

Bless, I love Carole to bits :p

Back