Portrait of Siberian Husky

Name
james
Edit My Images
No
I decided to give taking a Portrait style photo with background blackened using camera settings / low flash settings rather than using a backdrop a try....
The photo has been taken in to light room and tweaked
The background is in camera and then darkened a bit more to give the real contrast to the white on his face.

The photo is of my Siberian husky called Timbershack he is always a willing model and is happy to sit still on command so here we go all comments are welcome.

Timbershack by JamesCraig Photography, on Flickr

Liking it, but I think you need a bit of separation from the background as he just melts into it. May be a reflector behind or an extra light?

He's a fine looking dog:) he looks much bigger and heavy set compared to my sibe Roxy. (Avi)

I was kind of going for the dark portrate where the subject is set against the black but now you mention it I see what you mean about his black bits being lost in to the background

Right ok so. Some kind of light be behind to brighten the outline slightly

Hi Maggie

Yer since being done he really chunked out he's around 30kg and is tall as well so can pull it off his sister is short and stumpy in comparison but lovely all the same. And that's not the only thing he tries to pull of is a ware my arms are getting longer every time we take them out for a run( it's not a walk) there not trained to heal there trained to pull so it's fun even more fun in the snow :)

flash isnt the way here
try it in daylight for a good show of the animals coat and health signs
cheers
geof

Back