Portrait Session

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all, I was asked to do a series of portraits for people for the first time as a side-line whilst photographing an event for someone.

This is the second time I have had to take approx. 50 separate images of couples and groups. I didn't have time to adjust lights between the shots.

I was using a white backdrop, two daylight coloured bulbs either side of the backdrop, a flash on the floor to fill the middle of the backdrop and two flash guns. A larger white shoot-through umbrella used on the left outputting more power (1/8-16) and a smaller white shoot-through umbrella slightly further back and lower down used on the right outputting less power (1/32-64).

I am processing the photos at the moment and wondered if you could please tell me what you think of the vibrance/contrast? I have adjusted the exposure slightly, increased the whites to get rid of the background, changed point curve to medium, increased sharpness and slightly darkened the blacks.

Any other lightroom post-processing feedback would be greatly appreciated.

34gskdh.jpg

s411zb.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Shaun,

There's a few pointers I would suggest:

1) Not very sharp - an investigation as to who would help. Exif posted would be a good start...Could just be a small shot though and sharp when enlarged.

2) The processing around the mums head is visible.

3) The Daughter's hair needs a bit of work.

4) There is a bit of head space but the youngest is cropped a bit too close to the chin - less headroom and more of him would be better.

Hope that helps.

Back