Portrait taken with the "NiftyFifty on Tour"

-Rob-

Say Cheese!...Oh, and call me Susan
Edit My Images
No
I managed to get my hands on the Nikon NiftyFifty on Tour to have a play with and used it during a portrait shoot on Monday night. Here are a few of the results for comment and critique.

By the way, I am just a hobbyist and still very new to portraits so I know they're not professional quality but tips on how to get them to that standard would be appreciated.

One
Sam2.jpg

Two
Sarah1.jpg

Three
Sanchia1.jpg

Four
SanchiaSamandSarahBW.jpg

Five
Groupof4.jpg

Last edited:
I really like these :)

Think number 1's my favourite, not too much to fault, IMO. Number 2, something around her armpit doesn't look right... Might just be me. I really like the fourth one as well... I think I like the washed out colours on the last one, but I'm not completely sure...

Very interesting models and some lovely pictures :D

cool I like the last one the best (by the way some one gonna tell you off number your pics!) then the third one well done.

Michael.

Thanks for the comments guys. I like the last 1 best too. I was going for a proper mono at first but let go of the slider too early by mistake and liked it so I left it there and tweeked it.

by the way some one gonna tell you off number your pics!)Michael.
Tut tut. My bad. Fixed it now by adding number.

I think they are all a good set. 1 and 4 are the stand out images for me.

I am not keen on the processing on the last one, I think low saturation processing has to have something bold in it to give the image some clout or have the contrast turned right up!!!! It just looks like a washed out photo to me.

I've had a quick play in photoshop and come up with this, If you would like me to remove it from the thread, let me know and I will.

Groupof4.jpg

Thanks for having a play Bulb. I tried various saturation levels but was deliberately trying to avoid the colour popping look (Not that I'm saying yours looks like that). Your image looks good, certainly don't remove it. There are no right and wrong answers in photography, some will prefer your version and (hopefully) some will prefer my version.

Last edited:
Nice first attempts with the 50 rob ! a bit more light needed if anything ;)Ps where in preston you from ?

Last edited:
The first has great lighting, but the eyes look a little soft which kills it for me. A sharpen may help but I think you've just missed the focus.
The next 3 the light is slightly flat for me, although they are nice enough....Really like the last one, although I feel it would benefit from a small contrast boost.

Back