Critique Portraits with Fuji X-T1

These are cracking, well done - not sure where you live to get natural light as nice as that at this time of year though??

Tell me about it - I'd timed the session to make the most of the winter light and then I had a real struggle hiding from the summery sun. The day was wonderful, but it did make my life a little tricky.

It was on the Isle of Wight BTW - the sea air always creates luminous light that's hard to beat. Thanks for looking, Mandy

Second one is just lovely, though I would move the logo to the other side of the frame.

First one looks a bit too tightly framed for me. The subject obviously has a fantastic figure and I think a bit more leg would emphasise the curve of her hip.

The XT1, 56mm and you is clearly a good combination.

Lovely use of natural light.

Prefer the second - Ian beat me to it with the logo. I'd be tempted to clone out the hook too. Lovely vivid colours!

Does the bottom of her right arm look a bit magenta-y in the second?

S

Many thanks for your feedback - it's the finer details that make images stronger and better. I've improved my editing of the other images to take more care of the little bits I'm missing. Cheers Mandy

These are all really lovely. Love the tones and colours.

Back