Portree Harbour.

Name
Bobby
Edit My Images
Yes
View of a row of colourful houses at the Harbour in Portree.

IMG]://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=79834]
Converted_078Portree.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

:clap:Thanks for the memory Bobby, been too many years since i was in Portree must get back over there soon

Thats a nice picture bob. I like the way the sun is hitting the hills in the far ground. Well done

There's something not quite right with your exposure. The buildings, being the point of interest are underexposed, the hill in the background is about right and the sky is overexposed. A tricky subject to get right. Looks like a job for Photoshop or Lightroom. If I were working on it in Lightroom I'd use a couple of graduated filter tools - one to up the buildings and one to lower the sky. And I'd crop out a bit of the foreground which isn't adding a huge amount to the scene.

Last edited:
There's something not quite right with your exposure. The buildings, being the point of interest are underexposed, the hill in the background is about right and the sky is overexposed. A tricky subject to get right. Looks like a job for Photoshop or Lightroom. If I were working on it in Lightroom I'd use a couple of graduated filter tools - one to up the buildings and one to lower the sky. And I'd crop out a bit of the foreground which isn't adding a huge amount to the scene.

Some people are very very hard to please.

Alan I appreciate your comments and as a newby to the photography game I welcome all comments. Not knowing what Photoshop or Lightroom is I am at a loss as to what I need to do to enhance my captures. I am of the mind set that I try to capture naturaly and then post. A lot to depends on the type of weather we have and a greater problem is operator malfunction,but I will endevour to learn by my mistakes. I would appreciate if you could help me more,
cheers,
Bobby.

Capturing naturaly is what we all should do, or at least aim to do. But the reality is, most of us have to resort to some post production (PP) work at some point, so it's as well to learn how to use it. Photoshop and Lightroom are kind of industry standard pieces of software which will help you enhance your photos. Both are from Adobe and both offer thirty day free download trials. I use Lightroom and have found it far easier to learn than Photoshop - others will tell you the opposite. Give both of them a go and see how you get on - you'll be amazed at what they can do for ordinary shots.

Back