Critique Portrush "Airwaves" Airshow

Edit My Images
Yes
Hah :) don't worry, just because people are too lazy to comment, it doesn't mean the pics are bad :D

All the shots seem pretty good apart from #1. This looks like you've had to crop in quite a lot to get that and it's of the backend of the planes which are far away so there isn't much there to look at. The Catalina and Merlin shots look to be my faves and I quite like that Bronco too since it's quite unusual.

The main issue I find with shots of planes is that they all start to look the same pretty quick for me! It's hard to get a good shot that really stands out and quite often it's just down to the weather :\

You've picked suitable exposures for some prop blur and you've kept them sharp so mission accomplished there :)

Thanks for the comments.
Appreciate it. I like no1 for some reason but appreciate that not everyone will do so. Agree with the same look comments though.
Biggest issue for me is suitable practice subjects. I have no real interest in commercial aircraft so lack motivation to shoot them. N Ireland not a great place for military aircraft so the two local shows are the only convenient access I have and then whatever other shows I get to in England.

Thanks for the comments.
Appreciate it. I like no1 for some reason but appreciate that not everyone will do so. Agree with the same look comments though.
Biggest issue for me is suitable practice subjects. I have no real interest in commercial aircraft so lack motivation to shoot them. N Ireland not a great place for military aircraft so the two local shows are the only convenient access I have and then whatever other shows I get to in England.

Yeah I often find myself taking shots of distant planes either heading away or coming towards me but less than I used to... I'm slowly learning :) When the planes are very distant then you really need some cool scenery or nice sky/clouds to make up the whole image otherwise it just looks a bit too sparse :/ At least that's my thinking.

Commercial stuff doesn't really interest me either but luckily there's a few local airshows every year. It's a good job I like photographing other things too otherwise I'd be a bit bored hehe

Pretty nice work. IMO, the SS could be a touch slower on some of them for more prop blur, but you have to balance that with sharpness....
Many of the images could benefit from highlight recovery... if you shot in raw your results should be significantly better.

Thanks for the comments.
Will have a play with them and see how I go with the raw files.

Back