post some of your first ever motorsport shots

From my first ever camera/motorsport event, it was the FIA/GT meet at Silverstone in 2005.

300D with 28-300mm Tamron lens (it's not a 'L' lens so must be carp for motorsport ;)) , Hand-held

Full Frame, just converted/resize/USM for web

full.jpg

100% crop, just converted/resize/USM for web

crop.jpg

I don't think I've got any better although my kit has :bang:

oh gawd

closeup7.jpg

closeup8.jpg

Either 2004 or 5, minolta dimage 7i I think

And from the same meet

bike21.jpg

oh blimey,
yeah I look back and some of my F1 pics from 2004-2005-2006-2007 and cringe!
mind you I was using an HP R717 p&s camera, now I have a G9 and and SLR.. will have to find some to post, I know theres a few on my website, but copyright all over it spoils it to post up here!

Ok here goes.

I went to a BTCC meeting at Brands Hatch in March 2006 with my little compact camera and forgot to charge the batteries so the camera didn't last long, So I thought it would be ok to use my camera phone lol.

not bad I here you say lol.

09042006005.jpg

09042006013.jpg

This is a shot with my old Canon (yuck) powershot lol.
IMG_1894.jpg

And here's a more recent one to show how i've improved.
DSC_00182.jpg

GT Championships last year at Croft (yes thats how long i have been into all of this photography) taken with a Fuji S5600 (First cam)

DSCF4182.jpg

DSCF4183.jpg

Not quite one of my earliest but the only scanned photo I have on the PC.
Using a Yashica 35mm camera.
File0072a.jpg

First shots were with my Fuji A204 in 2003. Champ Car/BTCC at Brands Hatch.

n549617580_153179_7533.jpg

I reckon he might go on to be famous.

I didn't do too badly either...

Last edited:
IMG_7996.jpg

Technically my 2nd timing trying but because my first were uber terrible I deleted them... all :LOL:

from the first time at BTCC at croft with my Dlsr, from 2005 i think. (canon 10D + 70-300 F/4.5.6)

honda3.jpg

lexus.jpg

porsche.jpg

redrace.jpg

and *** i felt like it....

dumpertruck.jpg

I had taken some shots back in the early 80s, but these are a couple of my first attempts with a dslr, from 5 months ago....

2559803408_a7c06b20db.jpg

2558152587_b5c26b30b5.jpg

Not an FIA recognised motorsport but this was my first go at drifting...

i thought these shots were amazing :bonk:

325916562_71145eda68.jpg

it might as well be parked :LOL:

325924987_aaf57b3540.jpg

and now...

2462206644_77a5b9dfbd.jpg

Oooooh back when I were a lad they couldn't even afford to have a bike in world superbike... or even boots! The winner crosses the line...

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Brands Hatch 1997, taken with a EOS300 (yes, film!)

Would be a few years before I ever started to think of photography as a hobby in its own right though!

First shots were with my Fuji A204 in 2003. Champ Car/BTCC at Brands Hatch.

n549617580_153179_7533.jpg

I reckon he might go on to be famous.

I didn't do too badly either...

that was my first ever event with media accreditation! (and also the last for at least a year).
I had a sony cybershot 2.1 megapixel. Didnt have a clue what i was doing but did work out i had to press the button 1 second before the car apeared in the frame!

i was so proud of this shot.. nowadays i would bin it (or hopefully not take it in the first place :)
main.php

oh and i was so ignorant of what i was doing i didnt even know you needed a vest.. survived two days before getting told to go and get a vest.
what a numpty

Last edited:
As I said in my 5000 post. THere is less wrong with sleeping with your daughter then there is with this image :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)

Ahhhh the first sign of someone who knows where he is going... knowing what is wrong with your own photos!

This is one of my first pics taken with my samsung dslr about a year ago the exif says it was taken in 2006 but i didnt have the camera then (must have set the date wrong :shrug:)

And this years pic with about £3000 less in my pocket and hours on here (thanks to all who have helped me with telling me where i was going wrong :notworthy:

Still a long way to go but i will keep trying

Lets go further back!!

1.3 megapixel. 3x digital zoom. Just thought I would try and see what I thought. I asked for my first decent camera after this.

DSCF0031-1.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF00132.jpg

:eek:

that was my first ever event with media accreditation! I had a sony cybershot 2.1 megapixel. Didnt have a clue what i was doing

You must have fallen into a wormhole, because I swear I saw someone with a media vest on at WSB the other weekend that fitted this description *exactly*

Oh am I enjoying looking at this box of photos... 1 year on, my photography skills have shown zero improvement BUT WSB had progressed to actually having motorbikes... but apparently they were really, really, really small...

Untitled-2.jpg

My first digital pics are on my other computer, so tommorow I will show you some "excellent shots" from when I was a "serious photographer" - I'll tell you now, even I thought they sucked back then - that 75-300 lens I used (and still have) is *&^%$£!

Last edited:
First ever motorsport pic with my DSLR - buggy racing at Lochter, near Oldmeldrum, on my mums 60th birthday outing. D50 and Tamron 70-300mm.

I claim "Crappiest pic not deleted by anyone yet"!! Why I never deleted it, I don't know...
crapqs4.jpg

Back