Post your best Bushy Park shots from Sat 15th Meet

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Post your best shots here....

After seeing both Daves and Martins shots from today...i think i will just format my card without posting.....

Stunning shots Footman..... Love the Heron.....but they are all fabulous shots....

I got a few of the heron, not as good as yours I will say....

A few of mine... Lots of shots on my flickr....

Black headed gull in flight

A Heron flying off with a Perch in his mouth

Jackdaw in flight

Closeup stag

Rutting Stags in Bushy Park 3

Backlit tree

a quickr pickr post

What a wondrful morning folks and the results from you all are stunning. I took about 600 shots in all,far to many.

What a wondrful morning folks and the results from you all are stunning. I took about 600 shots in all,far to many.

I did that as well :)

Great to meet you, I look forward to seeing some of your shots..

mipevo6 said:
I did that as well :)

Great to meet you, I look forward to seeing some of your shots..

You too. I stuck some of my shots in a seperare thread then l noticed this one. Sorry about that.

Crcaking shots so far, particularly jealous of the heron catching the fish.

Here's a few from me:
6249430258_d4765f9e51_b.jpg

6249430086_887cbd2777_b.jpg

6248901463_72f51284a4_b.jpg

6248901315_95f0398813_b.jpg

6248901045_ae34bcde99_b.jpg

6249429252_22ee7959cd_b.jpg

Great set Nicky. Those stunning landscapes really show off the 5D II and 70-200 II combination.
I don't frame my photos but after seeing the thin black frame on yours I'll certainly have a bash, finishes them off superbly.

Some great shots here (y)
Camou_deer is my fave and the heron makes me realise that my thousands of 'Heron Standing' shots are boring ;)

Stunning shots N1kcy !!!

Superb set Nicky, the running deer reminds me of the chap stood on the fallen tree pile trying to move when they were running towards him. :D Really like the misty tree shot too. :clap:

Superb set Nicky, the running deer reminds me of the chap stood on the fallen tree pile trying to move when they were running towards him. :D Really like the misty tree shot too. :clap:

That guy annoyed me...he kept getting in all my shots :(

Stunning set Nicky...thing i commented on some on your flickr page too

I got there late and just got on with it so never ended up meeting any one. Still had a good session though and probably ended up with some different stuff.

One of my favourites from Sat morning.

Standing Guard

6246881849_c06713febe_b.jpg
[/url] Standing Guard by MJK Canon, on Flickr[/IMG]

Others on my flickr. Link below.

I got there late and just got on with it so never ended up meeting any one. Still had a good session though and probably ended up with some different stuff.

One of my favourites from Sat morning.

Standing Guard

Others on my flickr. Link below.

Nicely done... sorry we missed you.....

I will go look at your Flickr....

Looking at everyone's striking pictures has me wondering if I was in the wrong park :LOL: One thing it has done was make me start looking at longer lens, think this means the collection is still going to be growing :help:

Any way hope you like my small offering, any C&C is most welcome. If anyone has any tips also on what to do and not to do when shooting is mists would be most welcome also.

1. Early Photographers
6255167442_3027b747f2_b.jpg
[/url] Early photographers by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

2. Look out!
6254643211_125346db52_b.jpg
[/url] look out! by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

3. Practice
6254658347_05e00419b0_b.jpg
[/url] Practice 3 by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. Morning sunlight
6255195896_db01b81d73_b.jpg
[/url] morning sunlight by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

5. Reflections
6254670373_84335e8f51_b.jpg
[/url] Reflections by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

6. Attempted drowning (not the best, took a bit of pp before I was happy).
6255198366_cb033bc918_b.jpg
[/url] Attempted drowning by mark.bainbridge, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some decent shots there Mark.... Sorry we missed you in the mist....

Thanks Martin. Enjoyed the challenge of the day.

Love #4 and #5 Mark - I had a 170-500mm lens and, at times, wished I had brought something shorter. The answer of course is to take both short and long lenses!

Here are three of mine - took a lot of shots and still sorting out the wheat from the chaff

1. morning has broken

2. bellowing at the sun

3. hiding in plain sight

I am hoping that we might have good weather over the next two or three mornings.

Stephen

Great shots Stephen, but no.2 is WOW!

Cheers Dave.

(y)
Thank you Stephen. I know what you mean :LOL: then I would have an excuse for another camera to go with it. Think you have an idea there :cool:
Although I have another body (a 350D), and bought a double quick strap, I actually find it easier to switch lenses than carry two bodies with lenses attached. Now if I had a 2nd 7d....:)

#2 is wonderful Stephen, amazing colouring and composition. I can't extract any exif, would like to know settings and lens.

I rarely do much PPing of my images, and then mainly in Lightroom so most of my posted images do contain the EXIF. In this instance I used Photoshop and then exported for the web which has stripped the EXIF. 2 secs whilst I look it up....1/1000s at F10, ISO160 using a Sigma 150-500mm at 150mm. I also had the camera set to a cloudy white balance to enhance the warm colours. The original image is lacking a bit of contrast, so opened in Photoshop (nudged white balance to the right a bit and added some blacks in Bridge), manually adjusted the individual red, green and blue levels and sharpened a little. My PP skills arent that great so I try to keep it simple.

Stephen

Last edited:
Back