Post your Brighton workshop images here!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, all!

Just wanted to start a thread for those who attended the Natural Light Workshop in Brighton to share their images. Don't be shy!

I'll add mine once I get home and have a chance to develop and scan. The rest of you don't have that excuse, so you'll be a bit faster than that, won't you? ;)

- CJ

[s1]This thread is useless without images :LOL:[/s1]

Here's the first part of my "homework" from the last day....

Daniel:
IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

Really like the second one Mike although the people in the background are really distracting :LOL: ONLY JOKING!!! I can just see CJ screaming right now :LOL:

But seriously, that shot really works, composition is spot on imo, and where perhaps I would have possibly seen the random people behind Daniel as an irritation in the past, I now see them as giving a sense of environment to the scene and a worthwhile inclusion.

See CJ I did learn something ;)

Thanks, Paul
(I even think the horizon is off - but I don't care any more!!!)
:):):):naughty:

and here's part two - the lovely Glo
(this really should be in the glamour forum tho!)

IMG_7747b.jpg

IMG_7760.jpg

IMG_7762.jpg

Hmmm! Mike, me thinks you are too kind! :)

Well, here's a few of mine...

Male portrait/midday sun.
pics-1384-Mike-Brighton.jpg

Rim-light Practice with Paul (Grendel).
Eye doesnt look particularly sharp I know, but I have only cropped and resized with no sharpening as it seemed to make the unshaven areas of Paul's face look as if it had been over-sharpened!
pics-1419-Paul.jpg

Paul (Grendel) shows Bev (bubbs) his equipment!
pics-1454-Bev--Paul-3.jpg

Mike has a pensive moment
pics-1460-Mike-Brighton.jpg

Paul gets it straight from CJ
pics-1428-Paul--CJ.jpg

More rim-light practice with John
pics-1455-Mike-brighton.jpg

Everybody's favourite model, Daniel does some chimping
pics-1467-Daniel-brighton-1.jpg

...And everybody's favourite chimp turns up for lunch.
pics-1449-monkey-workshop.jpg

crikey
I hadn't seen any of those before
you are a dark horse (well black really!)
good stuff there, especially the monos
there was some good material to work with
you've certainly got the rim-light sorted!!!

don't know what the others think, but
apart from the high contrast being a problem for the picture takers
it was hard work for the takees looking into the sun!

Some really nice stuff here. I'll be paying for me and Glo next time so I can be guaranteed a subject I couldn't possibly make look bad :love:

Let's see some more.

it "happened" 20th/21st October (Sat, Sun just gone)

OK here's the first one from me - Beverley

Beverley.jpg

so you finally took a picture of Beverley
well it's a stunner
looks like you were paying attention after all!
she has a wonderful way of looking straight at you
and you've caught that beautifully!

(although you have cheated by establishing rapport with the model beforehand!!!)

These are fantastic images, theyre all really grabbing my attention! Captured brilliantly IMO.

I really wish I'd gone now :( Looks like you have learnt loads.

Once I saw my images on my computer, I just wanted to cry.....I had altered the ISO when indoors and forgot to switch it back when I went out :( so have a lot of rubbish shots...yes, even more than usual.....;)

Here's a few that were ok......

Daniel-3.jpg

Daniel-BW-2.jpg

MG_8107.jpg

Steve.jpg

Now, I know this one is a bit....OOF...but I still like it...

CJ.jpg

:)

WOW some amazing shots on here! looks like you all had great fun and learnt a great deal. You must have had a good teacher :p Really some cracking portraits (and I am not normally a fan of portaits)

photostar that 2nd one is Fandibliastic! and really I'm bowled over by you all. That musta been some2 days.

Inaglo they are fantastic photos, really great candids. The other shots here are nice too, but they jumped out for me.

so you finally took a picture of Beverley
well it's a stunner
looks like you were paying attention after all!
she has a wonderful way of looking straight at you
and you've caught that beautifully!

(although you have cheated by establishing rapport with the model beforehand!!!)

Thanks Mike :) I was quite pleased with this one, as you said, it does seem to capture her expression. Another successfully learned lesson from CJ, I was just chatting to her about the day's events and casually lifted the camera to my eye, took the shot, moved the camera away and carried on with the conversation. The result is a wonderfully natural shot. Well imo anyway lol!

As has been said, some amazing pictures..
Not sure any of mine will be seeing the light of day now...
I am about to head off home, so will take a proper look when there (I don't have a card reader here - a good excuse or what!!)
A few of you 5d owners offered me little bits of advice, and you will not be surprised to know that I am now the owner of a 5d and a 70-200 f4 IS. Trouble is, I also have a 70-200f2.8 IS. Hmmmm.
Not sure if I should thank you for this.
The 2.8 is just so big, and the f4 is just wonderful - I used it for the pictures I had to take yesterday - remember me talking (you do..?) about the 14yr old nightmare of a boy - well, he 'allowed' me about 6 minutes of his time before he shot off, and he was late arriving, so any light had gone, but I think I got a few pictures his parents will like, and already am thinking that the f2.8 might be going soon after my wedding in december, (and maybe the 30d too) - no way can I justify having two 70-200's !
Photostar1 - you have managed to turn me into an almost handsome beast again - 30 years off me in one 60th of a second - brilliant ! - I have one of you that looks good on the camera, though I think I missed the focus just slightly - you'll see later !

wow, amazing stuff in here, WELL DONE guys
i feel jealous now,,,,,, joking

keep it up.

crikey Dave
not at all shabby
Paul looks very intense
the lighting, clothing and shaving (or lack of) really work well together
and probably the best one of our illustrious leader!

excellent stuff folks, there's some really impressive work here. I've not got around to even getting mine on the computer yet. I'll have them up here by the end of the week. I just got a ukulele too so that's competing for my attention!

OK, how many of you with cameras? :cautious:

So WHY no group photo yet? :p

you ever tried getting 11 photographers to sit still long enough
anyway - who would take the picture?

Back