Potential Macbook purchase - but which one?

Question still stands, why a MacBook.
I dont understand why, when somebody says they are getting or wanting to buy a Mac, there are always people challenging the decision.
Would his choice still be queried if he were buying a Dell, or Lenovo? Plastic or glass screen, its still the OP's choice and he shouldn't be castigated or ridiculed for his choice.

I dont understand why, when somebody says they are getting or wanting to buy a Mac, there are always people challenging the decision.
Would his choice still be queried if he were buying a Dell, or Lenovo? Plastic or glass screen, its still the OP's choice and he shouldn't be castigated or ridiculed for his choice.
Argh. Please read all of my posts thoroughly.

Would his choice still be queried if he were buying a Dell, or Lenovo?
Yes. There's normally a few who will chime in.... :)

My current laptop (Windows 7) is getting tired and needs replacing.

As I seem to spend more and more time away from home, I'll need a replacement that is capable of running LR & PS.

So, Macbook wise, what sort of spec would I need?

For LR & PS, really, any of the current offerings would be entirely adequate. It more comes down to what screen size you'd prefer, and significantly, what weight you're okay with. If you'd prefer something very light, the MacBook Airs are superb. Personally, last time around, I went with one of the 15" MacBook Pros, with the SSD bumped up to 1TB - not a cheap option, but the SSD performance is excellent, offering a sustained 900MB/s or so.

If you happen to work for an educational institution, it's worth noting the discounts available through the Apple Store for Education, including much cheaper AppleCare.

Back