PP Help & Guidance Please.

@Pookeyhead what do you use for noise reduction, I have just got a copy of LR5 to see if I like it better than Paintshop pro x6 and Photoshop CC that I have.

I didn't apply any NR to these images. They didn't require it. When I do require it, I just use LR5's NR features. Easily as good as anything else I've tried, and I've tried pretty much everything. SOme remove more noise, but at the expense of artefacts and looking false. Noise is nothing to be scared of. Some of the best images ever shot were on pushed HP5 and grainy as hell :)

The images I processed above are a bit JPEGish though, but that's just because I compressed them to upload faster. They look prefect as a TIFF.

Last edited:
I didn't apply any NR to these images. They didn't require it. When I do require it, I just use LR5's NR features. Easily as good as anything else I've tried, and I've tried pretty much everything. SOme remove more noise, but at the expense of artefacts and looking false. Noise is nothing to be scared of. Some of the best images ever shot were on pushed HP5 and grainy as hell :)

The images I processed above are a bit JPEGish though, but that's just because I compressed them to upload faster. They look prefect as a TIFF.
Sorry, I thought it was obvious that these didn't need NR.

They don't.. and I didn't :)

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that these didn't need NR.
They don't.. and I didn't :)

Sorry both I didn't mean for these images I just meant in general when using Lightroom, wasn't sure if you used a different program to remove any noise if needed or the inbuilt feature of Lightroom.

Sorry both I didn't mean for these images I just meant in general when using Lightroom, wasn't sure if you used a different program to remove any noise if needed or the inbuilt feature of Lightroom.
That's the question I answered. :)

David, they look great! Thanks for this, its given me a better understanding of what will and wont work with regards to PP.

Basically. Less is more usually.

Back