Critique Prescott Bike Festival

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to the bike festival at Prescott today, and i have to say i really enjoyed my self. Despite getting lost round Cheltenham, and my sat nav falling off my bike. Thankfully i got it back and it still works, as the driver of the car behind me stopped to pick it up and then hurried after me to hand it back. This was my first time at the bike festival so i did not know what to expect. And after trying to decide whether to go or not as the weather was not looking good this morning, i am glad i went as i really enjoyed my self. My first Motorsport event off the year a bit of a dry run for me before i go to Brands hatch for the first round of British superbikes. Any comments and critique is most welcome, all i can say i was impressed with the bikes that were there, if any off the bike information is incorrect i apologize but i am working on the information provided in my program.

1 Ducati

2 Blake Ansell GRC mini moto BZM40cc

3 Philip Green Triumph sprint RS

4 John Jacka Matchless G3LC 1952

5 Keith Sleigh Ducati Passo

Last edited:
Mandy some good panning shots here though I find the background a bit distracting....was this the only spot you shot from?

Thanks for looking Jeff, yes I stayed mainly at the bottom off the hill close to shelter for when the rain came. Not to mention I was In agony with my back, so I didn't feel walking up the hill would off been the best idea. Being in full motorbike gear made for one very exhausting day. I aim to do much better for next year when I go, as I really enjoyed my self.

Some blooming good panning there Mandy, far better than any of my efforts at panning (y) only a minor critique a couple of them could stand a little more room for travelling into (y)

Some blooming good panning there Mandy, far better than any of my efforts at panning (y) only a minor critique a couple of them could stand a little more room for travelling into (y)

Thanks Matt not bad considering all the images were taken with my 18-55mm lens, some off my shots of the best ones were as they were. So couldn't really give them room for traveling into, and annoyingly all the images I took on my 600d are all jpg rather than raw :banghead: Luckily the 400d were all shot in raw so over 200 images to play with. With over 800 700 odd images now to look through ( deleted some off the rubbish stuff last night ) I have hardly scratched the surface but for my first event off the year I am chuffed with the amount of keepers I will have.

Thanks Matt not bad considering all the images were taken with my 18-55mm lens, some off my shots of the best ones were as they were. So couldn't really give them room for traveling into, and annoyingly all the images I took on my 600d are all jpg rather than raw :banghead: Luckily the 400d were all shot in raw so over 200 images to play with. With over 800 700 odd images now to look through ( deleted some off the rubbish stuff last night ) I have hardly scratched the surface but for my first event off the year I am chuffed with the amount of keepers I will have.

Nice, I've had that frustration of argh I've only gone and shot jpeg...so no I never ever touch jpeg that way my camera cannot be set to the wrong file type :)

Your panning technique is spot on, I've had a few good 'uns in the past but not many keepers.

Really like 2 great panning looks like a fun day I am looking at getting away from Brands this year and this is just the sort of thing I need to be attending I did look at going to Oulton on Sat but a 4 hour drive each way and 8 hours of shooting would be a bit much.

Sorry to here about your back I suffer with mine and its a real pain when having a great day out with the camera and it kicks in big time

Last edited:
Really like 2 great panning looks like a fun day I am looking at getting away from Brands this year and this is just the sort of thing I need to be attending I did look at going to Oulton on Sat but a 4 hour drive each way and 8 hours of shooting would be a bit much.

Sorry to here about your back I suffer with mine and its a real pain when having a great day out with the camera and it kicks in big time

Thanks for the comments, and for looking. There's a ton off little events I aim to get at this year. Plus I will be going back to the bike festival next year, as it should be on the 6th of April next year according to the tanoy announcement.

Back