printer for printing onto CD's

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Im after a cheap printer to print directly onto cd's and to do the odd sheet of A4 for sleve inserts, has anyone got any recommendations ?

Cheers
Phil

Got the 4600 and its jolly good too, only complaint its a bit ink greedy, but ain't they all

Hi

Thanks for the replies and links, I'll see what I can find on the bay or amazon etc based on that thread

Cheers
Phil

I've had loads over the years. Back in the day I had to customise my standard Epson Stylus Colour 600 and it cost mega bucks. Then came the Epson Photo 950, and I paid my £330, put my name on the waiting list and waited 4 months for Epson to deliver. I bought 4 of those over 10 years as the heads were very prone to blocking. The ink was £70 a shot and I was wasting more ink flushing the heads than I was actually on my CDs. I've recently jumped ship and added a Canon MP610 to my arsenal which I really like so far. The IP450 print engine is the last canon one for which you can buy compatible ink carts, and included the Ip450, MP610 (with scanner) and the bigger printer whose name I've forgotten. These are all really good value and use cheaper inks than the more recent generation from Canon. I picked mine up as old stock from Amazon after a huge hunt.

Compared to my Epson it gives very good results and seems slightly less hassle to set up. However my Epson’s are the first generation of CD printers and newer ones may be less fussy (lining up the cd tray, and setting up etc).

I wasn't so struck by the colour saturation of photos on photo quality paper with the canon, but I will experiment more with different papers. I used my old Epson stock. Maybe Canon paper will be different...?

Back