Printers

Name
David Haworth
Edit My Images
No
Heya folks,

not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll go ahead and I guess I can be corrected later.

I currently have a photo printer, an Epson R300. it's plugged in via a USB cable into my NAS which acts as a print server. My wife and I both use wireless laptops and print wirelessly. We leave the printer on all the time so it's available whenever we need it, but I think that has an effect on the printer. it's not been able to print a proper photo in ages, as prints come out badly banded and ink's, esp black seem to dry up very quickly. I'm also concerned that the rear paper feed is a dust trap.

is leaving an inkjet on all the time terminal for it's health?

At some point I'd like to get a new printer, but an all-in-one scanner, copier and printer. I want something I can leave on all the time and let it go into power saving or whatever when it feels like it. something which can printserve itself via ethernet or wireless would be good.

On the paperfeed side, I'd like something which has a paper cassette so there is no rear paper feed to collect dust. the ability to hold both plain a4 and photo 4x6's would be good. I do want to be able to print photos of course but normal a4 plain paper printing is pretty important too.

does anyone have any recommendations as to a good, but not too expensive choice that would work well with my mac, has a decent scanner and that I can leave on 247 to be available for either laptop whenever it's needed.

some of the HP printers seem to look good like the C6300?

cheers
dave

Well, I know what you mean, but I don't have the room for a dedicated scanner so adding it to a printer seems fair game to me. I'll have a look at some of the canon all-in-ones too.

dave

Back