Problem with Internet Explorer - Heeelp!!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday I upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1 & today I notice any Google search is producing a page like my top screenshot with all text squashed to the left & on the images page back to the old style of displaying them.

I've ran CCleaner & Malwarebytes but am lost as what to do next to get it back to how it should be.

Any help would be good :shrug:

thanks Dougie but I've tried that &sadly still not working but thanks for your help (y)

The compatibility setting was the right track as I found when I went fiddling with the settings. Got the box up as below o& unticked the two boxes that were ticked and all OK now.

Good, John - glad it has worked out.

Good, John - glad it has worked out.

Yes thanks again for your help (y) I guess I could have used Opera, Chrome or Firefox but I don't like to have a problem I can't get sorted. Good to keep my brain working as long as I can :puke:

I've still not got it sorted:(

What exactly are you struggling with? It may well be worth your starting your own new thread?

But good luck & I'll not walk by your window in case I get clouted by a flying computer :puke:

There's been stuff all over the internet about this. Am I too much of a conspiracy theorist or do you reckon MS *knew* it might make a mess off Google and therefore drive a bit more traffic in the direction of Bing?

There's been stuff all over the internet about this. Am I too much of a conspiracy theorist or do you reckon MS *knew* it might make a mess off Google and therefore drive a bit more traffic in the direction of Bing?

That's what I thought when spending hours yesterday ring to sort mine :thinking:

Its stressing me. That, along with the little water mark about secure boot i can't get rid of

Yes I had forgotten I still have that :thinking:

Think Im just going to restore back to windows 8

You're giving in too easily.
It's a challenge as well as challenging :LOL:

I am still wondering about whether to do my wife's laptop :thinking:

It's all :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Had an interesting one earlier - wife's W8 thing wouldn't respond to any inputs other than keyboard. Couldn't do a restart other than by a button powerdown/up which (luckily!) worked.

I guess we all have age related technology issues! (OUR age, not that of the technology...)

Back