Problems with my tripod combo, advice please

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I'm having a few problems with my tripod combo and was wondering if anybody on here could come up with any ideas
I have a Gitzo 3530 tripod with a Manfrotto 410 geared head fitted.
The problem is the base of the tripod were you fit the head is stopping/catching the tilt handle from tilting up. :shrug:
Is there a way round this or will I have to just live with it?

Martin

Is it catching by much? Would raising it a few mm/cm sort it out? If so, then something like the Gitzo leveling base might work. Although you would have to check how wide the platform of the leveling base is, as you may have the same problem with that.

Hello
There might be a way around your problem. You have a three series tripod which is quite chunky (and stable ), Gitzo also make smaller tripods with smaller top flanges. So get a flange from a lower series of Gitzo tripod and it will have a small diameter.

Hope this points you in the direction you seek.

Is it catching by much? Would raising it a few mm/cm sort it out? If so, then something like the Gitzo leveling base might work. Although you would have to check how wide the platform of the leveling base is, as you may have the same problem with that.

No its not catching by much, but only tilts half way up.
I will check out how wide the leveling bases are.
I will phone gitzo in the morning and see what they surgest

Martin

Hello
There might be a way around your problem. You have a three series tripod which is quite chunky (and stable ), Gitzo also make smaller tripods with smaller top flanges. So get a flange from a lower series of Gitzo tripod and it will have a small diameter.

Hope this points you in the direction you seek.

The top base cannot be changed unless i can put a flange on top.
I will be phoneing gitzo to see twhat they surgest.

Martin

Back