Promo Self Portrait

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked for a mug shot for an acoustic band I've been asked to join (NOT folk music, I hasten to add! A lot meaner and nastier than that - if such a thing can be applied to acoustic music!)

Anyway, this is me hiding behind various stage props, and this is the picture I've submitted. Any comments on how it could be improved would be appreciated.

Btw, I only have a single flashhead, so I hauled that one out...

Cheers!

Chris

CW_Promo.jpg

I dunno - it seems to fit the bill. I kinda like your avatar photo but it depends on what they want.

regards

I might have a play with this, but I like it as is. I'd clone out those background creases for a cleaner black and mebbe grab a bit more space over the top of the hat - just a tad. :)

If I come with anything I'll post it, but I like it anyway.

very rock & roll!

No big deal if you don't like it, I just see it as more mean and moody - more hardcore! :D

CW_Promo.jpg

Good promo picture but I find the light coloured jeans a bit distracting, this is my take on it...

CW_Promo.jpg

Thanks everyone.

What did you do to it, Cedric? Look slike you took the reds down a bit and upped the contrast? I did think about the tight crop, Colin, but kinda of wanted to show the guitar off a bit more.

I might have another go, but with a bit of slave flash thrown in for good measure...

I just used a Virtual Photographer filter. 'Photocopy' I think. That's all.
It also made the skin tones better... I thought they looked a bit red

It's a freebie download (Plugin) you can use with PSP and PS. There's plenty of cool filters to try... mono too.

Yeuch ... now that is one ugly sob !?!:eek:

Only joking ... of course ! ;)

catdaddy said:
I might have another go, but with a bit of slave flash thrown in for good measure...

And wear darker jeans/black leathers etc., ? Oh and try and look mean & moody if that is what you're after ! :LOL:

Gary Bagshawe said:
Lose the hat!!!!!!

Why bother when the hair is beating the hat to it!!!

Venomator said:
Yeuch ... now that is one ugly sob !?!:eek:

Yep! I can make a vulture gag at 50 paces!!! The leathers sounds like a good idea though... (y)

It may be the calibration on the lappy which I don't trust 100% yet, but you seem a bit lost wearing black against a black backdrop. Not really sure what to suggest to correct it.

Despite that, I quite like it, and it certainly fits the brief you described ;)

I think it must be the calibration on your monitor - the shirt is very deep purple...

But thanks for the comment! The promoter seems to think it's suitable as well, which I'm quite chuffed about! :ty:

hes not as rugged and manly looking as me though....

jewel said:
Easy way to decide that one, both send me some nice rugged, manly pics and I'll decide! :naughty: :LOL:
Jewel

or...

i ban you if you say im not :D :bonk:

matty said:
hes not as rugged and manly looking as me though....

Now there's an idea...we could do you a promo shot and submit it to
'PINK' Floyd :D

Catcaddy...I think your promo shot is just right.
I could even live with the black hat and clothing getting more lost into the background.

Yeah, the Pink Momma is really manly and rugged. You could almost say 'butch'... :naughty:

<SONG>'In The Navy...'</SONG>

Bye bye everyone. Nice knowing you... :wave:

Don't you worry, I'll protect you all from the pink banhammer...lol

She knows where her place is..:D

bountybrenda5if.jpg

:D

VERY funny thread (y) :LOL:

I like the uncropped photo. We need a mono master to get it really moody and agree that the jeans are slightly distracting but they could be toned down somehow.

Wrong part of forums to suggest but maybe self-portraits could be a new feature. We would get good practice whilst getting to know each other better!

Can I just say.....catdaddy ...sorry for rampaging your thread OT :D

Hahahaha! Not a problem! S'all in good fun! Best make the most of it before Matty comes along with his banhammer! :LOL:

I thinks it's a great shot and CT's treatment works very nicley too.

Catdaddy said:
Hahahaha! Not a problem! S'all in good fun! Best make the most of it before Matty comes along with his banhammer! :LOL:

I've heard whispers that it's not a ban hammer...more of a toffee hammer :p (If we're talking a sense of scale :naughty: ) :LOL:

And if he was really into music, it'd be a Jan Hammer...

:coat: :exit:

hey now down with this sort of thing!

*plots revenge*

:naughty:
CW_Promo-copy.jpg

hope you dont mind i had a play . :naughty:

Blimey! How come THIS one got resurrected! Hahaha!

Don't mind at all, Dave. Might even have a go myself! :D

Back