PS Waverley

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
She is such a cool boat. Nice captures.

Saw her up close last month as I was sailing with friends on the Clyde. Unfortunately it was foul weather and I only had a wee digi camera with me.

Hey Andrew, what happened? …the two first are very good but what about the third?
Did you fall asleep or what?

Well Kodiak the sun went behind clouds.......I am not very skilled with the photo editor having shot film for the last 55 years, so digi stuff is still new to me and as the brain gets slower it takes longer to learn new things but I will persist. I usually view my slide film from a projector but am getting better at scanning B&W and printing digitally but wish I had not got rid of my darkroom gear.

Well Kodiak the sun went behind clouds…
Yes, quite obvious… but if the hidden sun reduces the contrast values in your photo,
the WB should be corrected so it fits in rendition the others even if the sun is gone!

Kodiak,
I thank you for your comments but unless you are prepared to put your suggested changes in apple and orange terms then you are wasting you time....

Yes, quite obvious… but if the hidden sun reduces the contrast values in your photo,
the WB should be corrected so it fits in rendition the others even if the sun is gone!

Should it? Is that in a rulebook somewhere?

Should it? Is that in a rulebook somewhere?
Its not in my rule book when I am projecting MF slides on to a screen. Mucking about with the white balance would mean adding filters.
Digi is OK but it is not real life as far as my way of working goes....its like going back 50 years when the experts would pull you up for not adding correcting filers sunset shots when I wanted to show the sunset colours not midday colours that a filter would give.

Andrew, is Waverly an old vessel? I ask because my memory has been stirred to about 1946 when I went on a trip from Glasgow down the Clyde on a paddle steamer.

Hi Norman

Yes the Waverley is an old vessel IIRC she was built in 1946 to replace a previous paddle steamer of the same name built in 1899. It looks as though you were one of the first passengers. She still takes passengers down the Clyde with regular sailing throughout the summer months also for about a month each summer she visits far flung destinations like the Channel and the Thames.:jawdrop:

The original PS Waverley served in WW2 as a mine sweeper and was sunk taking part in the evacuation from Dunkirk as far as I remember

Andrew, is Waverly an old vessel? I ask because my memory has been stirred to about 1946 when I went on a trip from Glasgow down the Clyde on a paddle steamer.

Just checked out your profile for age Norman. Respect! (y)

Back