purple picture :S

Name
joe
Edit My Images
Yes
hey guys, my friend has asked me to find and take a picture of something for her to put in her newly decorated room, sounds easy enough? no, theres a catch, it has to be purple :confused: in my infinite wisdom i said yeahh sure, no problemo... i am absolutely stumped, the only thying i can think of is some form of flower, perhaps lavender, if anyone can spare a thought or two on purple things, or getting a nice 'wall suitable' shot, it would be much appreciated... thanks alot guys :) joe

Something a bit left field
How about a still life with Red Cabbage, beetroot
Watersplash with purple dye or lighting.
or even just tint a minimalist landscape
Purple6.jpg

Use a cokin nd filter and shoot anything ;)

Sunsets are a good shout, especially at the moment.

What sort of things does your friend like?

cheers guys, yeahh i got a lovely sunset the other day, in the snow. and shes really into flowers she used to be a flower arranger she said she wants a landscape style photo instead of a portrait, and whats a cokin? sorry im an amateur :)

i love that minimistic landscape, did you take it? i may have a crack at that in the next few days mate :)

I saw some gorgeous purple orchids the other day, in a shop window I was passing. If I could of got out and got the flowers for the wife I'd of been in really good books and be assured of a subject for days. Unfortunately, I was on a train near sheffield and didn't want to risk pulling the cord.

haha thats definately a 'pullthecord' moment lol, sorry mr train driver i saw some cool flowers :L

I think Photoshop will be your friend. If you can get or have a shot she likes you should be able to 'purple-ise' it in Photoshop.

I'm with the out of the box concept and take something that doesn't start off as purple and change it to suit.
I did the below pic and had it made into a canvas for our flat
6264256125_2fd02a8672_b_d.jpg

I was just about to do a search for that one Stuart :) amazing shot

yeahh i thin k your right scots, and wow stuart what an amazing shot, what sort of lens took that one? and yeahh the purple really compliments it well :) cheers

tankingfisher said:
yeahh i thin k your right scots, and wow stuart what an amazing shot, what sort of lens took that one? and yeahh the purple really compliments it well :) cheers

That was just a tamron 17-50mm non VC for that shot.

tankingfisher said:
ooh cool, thats a wide angle lens right?

Standard wide angle zoom yeah.
Equivalent to a kit lens but better with a fixed f2.8 aperture

tankingfisher said:
ahh nice, might buy that on pay day :eek: what about sigma do they do an equivellant?

I believe they do have an equivalent to the tamron with a fixed aperture too.

At this time of year you should be able to find some purple Hellebores, they'll be pushing through the snow and ice and starting to come into flower. They'll be in flower until late April.

If you can't find them in the ground in flower, they should be available in the graden centres - a trip to the garden centre will turn up a variety of purples. Far too early for lavender, but potted tulips will be available soon.

Yeahh I think I'll have a look at getting that lens it's exactly what I'm after! :D and yeahh thanks I will check the garden centres on my day off, what should I do in PS to purpleize things, then I assume you bump up the saturation as well?

Adjusting the hue and saturation as a separate later is usually a good start.
That way you can paint back in areas that don't need to be purple using a black brush on the layer mask.

stupar said:
Adjusting the hue and saturation as a separate later is usually a good start.
That way you can paint back in areas that don't need to be purple using a black brush on the layer mask.

Aha that sounds simple enough, only problem is I don't have PS I have the windows thing photo impact or something, do you know of a cheaper version at all?

tankingfisher said:
Aha that sounds simple enough, only problem is I don't have PS I have the windows thing photo impact or something, do you know of a cheaper version at all?

Get gimp or photo.net both of which are free

Back