Pushing Acros 100 in ID-11

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
So I acted a tosser again and forgot to change my meter back to 100 after letting a customer play around with it (I'm the other guy who runs West Yorkshire Cameras with Nick), and at the end of the roll today noticed it was actually set at 400.

I'd say about 2/3 of my roll is shot at 400 while the other 1/3 is at 100.

I'm not sure how to process this as it's a bit of a strange one, push to 400 and have a 1/3 of the roll 2 stops out? Push to 200 and have all the roll 1 stop out? On top of this I can't find any times for pushing Acros 100 in ID-11, so it's looking like guess work.

What would you do?

I thought most proper black and white films had a stop or more of latitude... wouldn't that suggest treating it as if 200? OTOH, I know nothing about this!

Golden rule of setting the wrong speed is to leave it on the wrong speed unless you notice in the first couple of shots!

Generally for pushing, add 30% to dev time for one stop and add about 75% for 2 stops. These percentages come from Michael Langford's Darkroom Handbook and are specifically for D-76 do will do you fine for ID-11

I thought most proper black and white films had a stop or more of latitude... wouldn't that suggest treating it as if 200? OTOH, I know nothing about this!

This is true I guess, the issue then is finding times which Hooley seems to have helped with.

Golden rule of setting the wrong speed is to leave it on the wrong speed unless you notice in the first couple of shots!

Yup the problem here is that I changed the iso about 12 shots in and didnt notice til the end! This isn't the first time I've done this either... I really need to start paying attention to my meter lol.

Generally for pushing, add 30% to dev time for one stop and add about 75% for 2 stops. These percentages come from Michael Langford's Darkroom Handbook and are specifically for D-76 do will do you fine for ID-11

Very helpful, will push it one stop and hope for the best I think...

Considered semi stand developing it ?? .

Rodinal 1:100 for an hour

Edit: Sorry just read you're using ID-11 :bang:

Last edited:
Back