Question about Canon 450D 'LIVE VIEW'

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Question for those with the 450d.

In live view can you zoom into your subject on screen and manually focus the lens to get a sharp/in focus image? I know this can be done on the 40D but wondering if it can be done on the 450d? I have a very old Pentax lens with manual focus only on my 400D that is very difficult to focus when looking through the view finder and if i can zoom in on screen in live view mode this will hopefully help with focusing. The 400D does not have live view and i love the old lenses!

Thanks

Andy

Thanks. That's brilliant!!!

Glad to help, thinking of getting a new camera then? :)

Well maybe.

I recently bought a good used 400d which is great but it is lacking in a few areas. I am getting into using old manual focus manual aperture lenses as they are of very high quality and damn cheap!! I can not focus using the 400's view window as it's very small and it does not have live view.

The 450D has live view with magnification and bigger rear screen plus other features that i would like. I don't want to get rid of the 400D as it is really nice so that could be my spare or 'chuck in the back of the car just in case' camera.

The 450 is also the same weight as the 400D ( i think) and is easier to handle than the 40D which i found very heavy. What i should have done was bought the 450d in the 1st place but hey ho! :D

Hey ho daddy o :coat:

Everyone is tempted daily when your into photography and we all seem make the wrong choices.

We live and learn dont we :)

Live view is great and it will do what you want, but give it a try first.

I find that I can only use it on a tripod with any ease, and in bright sun I can't see the screen on my 40D well enough without a shade. I sometimes use a toilet roll for that :)

Back