Race Circuits

Here's one from my archives, from 2004 - Monaco

monaco2004.jpg

Ok, stretching the boundaries of 'circuit' into 'track' with these two also from the archives, but they do at least show some features and are a slightly different view to those normally seen.

Goodwood hill climb- the wide open straight in front of the house before the wiggly hill part of the climb.

goodwood.jpg

and the newer rally stage, this was the exit turn in 2006 - dunno about everyone else but what gies it away as goodwood are the straw bales, hill climbs generally are one of the few places you still see this 'crash barrier' these days.

goodwoodrally.jpg

Sorry if they are not circuits, but still fairly well known motorsport venues.

Surely that's Monaco 2003? The red pagoda in the background wasn't there in 2004.

I know Combe has been done, but in my opinion this shows the main feature quite nicely...

Castle Combe (Avon Rise, Quarry and those darn power lines in the background, it has to be Combe!)
344327485_H5hba-L.jpg

Shelsley Walsh hill climb - Coming back down from the finish line, just past the bottom 's'

I know Combe has been done, but in my opinion this shows the main feature quite nicely...

Castle Combe (Avon Rise, Quarry and those darn power lines in the background, it has to be Combe!)

No way! Camp corner and "the wall" says Combe! (or maybe I'm biased:LOL:) Nice image(y)

getting quite a few repeats, but tbh i cant be bothered to do anything about it :)

Goodwood circuit is different to the Goodwood hillclimb. ;)

The Nurburgring is my forte, but hey, I'll let someone take a small spoil off for me once lol. :LOL:

Another duplicate but still. Donington with the soon to be knocked down Dunlop Bridge.

2693326283_170360468e_o.jpg

Since we're allowed duplicates now I'll throw mine in :)

Spa-Francorchamps
2977985495_467275517d_o.jpg

Oulton Park
2978843338_7bbea9ebd9_o.jpg

Donington Park
2978844246_beef2210db_o.jpg

Here's a couple of local ones:

Alford Sprint Track

Fintray Hillclimb Track - standing water at Ruin

Nice selection of mullets.

yeeee hawwww!!!

the mullets are the people that came to see the craftsman truck race and stayed for the champ cars
the people that came for the champ cars and not the trucks were all mexicans (apart from myself and my dad)

thanks to 9/11 and pricerunner.com i got flights to L.A. for £110 each inc tax!!

Last edited:
Monza
Was really dissapointed with the place to be honest. I guess its a whole different atmosphere when the f1 is on, but when i went it was wet, and i found the place a bit tatty and boring. Not sure why Bernie got so annoyed with Silverstone, because Monza is much more tatty

main.php

here's a rare one
silverstone south circuit (the far end of the GP circuit, closed in by doing the far end of the international circuit backwards)

main.php

Rare car too, since the Grand Prix Masters series seems to have died. Nice shot.

I know, I know its Donington again but this just sums this circuit up.

2994462641_1c425ef8bc_o.jpg

Pete

nice post stan i was wondering if aberdare park would turn up

Back