weekly Raeboy TP52 Challenge Thread

Hi, Colin, that's one hell of a star burst :)

Looks like a wonderful location. Not sure if this was an in-camera panorama, the horizon looks a little off. This happens with my Fuji when I do them. I might like the shadows life a little :thinking: but lovely blues in the sky.

Cheers.

Hi, nice wide pano not to sure about the sun light really interesting structure on the right, as said above bit of a shadow lift might help

I like this, Colin. The strong sunburst makes the blown area much more appealing/acceptable and it's balanced well, compositionally, by the structure on the right. I'm not a fan of the vignette (whether natural or otherwise, I'd like less of it!), but I think the image works well. I'll agree with other comments that the shadows would benefit, IMO, from a lift of a stop or perhaps two... and exposing slightly more for the sky would rein in the blown areas a touch more which, again, would strengthen the image for me (but then require even more lifting of shadow areas).

I think it's a good example of when shooting into the sun can deliver a good image - but with a few tweaks per the above, it could easily become a great image... which means it's worth a reshoot! :)

Back