Rain covers

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to get decent rain covers for my 1d mkII and 70-200 f2.8 and 7d (gripped) with 300 f2.8, been looking at the Think Tank ones, are these considered the best? It's for shooting football, I'm based in Scotland so always likely to get soaked!!!

LIke everything it depwnds how much you want to pay. WEX have a good range by several manufacturers.

Cheers Gaz, will have a look, I have cheaper covers just now and they aren't great, I expect to pay a few hundred £ to get decent ones.

I use the official Canon covers, they do the job nicely and are a bit cheaper than the other branded ones. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere except eBay (which is where mine came from) but worth looking at. You'll need the medium (erc-e4m) and small (erc-e4s) ones I think!

I have the ThinkTank Hydrophobia V2 for 300-600 lenses. Love it.

I've been in some pretty torrential rain in the last 12 months and the cover has beaten it all. It's almost pleasant when you are out in a downpour, all waterproofed up, camera safely covered and dry and you can happily shoot away.

The cover can be tricky when trying to preview the image, the clear plastic part covering the back of the camera can become steamy but I think there will always be issue like that.

I would highly recommend.

I also have the ThinkTank Hydrophobia V2 for 300-600 lenses, bought it here used a while back and only used it once but its saved my gear, brilliant.

Thanks folks, I will check out the Think Tank ones and the official Canon ones, spent too much time last season worrying about the gear getting too wet, I'd rather pay a bit extra and get proper protection.

Dave

I was once told, "If you dont wear protection when its wet you will be sorry", It was by my dad though and he had no interest in photography, haha

Having a laugh. I'm 4th oldest of his 8 kids. Seriously! Ha either he loved kids or had no tv?

I have an optech rain sleeve - cheap and good in emergencies.

Another vote for the ThinkTank cover. Very good. The eye piece is expensive for what it is. But in fairness it does it's job!

Kev.

ThinkTank here I have one on my 400mm ...

The only downside can be the sleeves.. if your swapping between a short and long lens at a field sport then you need to keep it open at the bottom and not use the sleeves .. far too slow..

I need somehting for the 70-200.. not looking at 120 quid for a thinktank and eyepiece though..

Plastic carrier bag and an elastic bag. £0.00. Loop the handles over your viewfinder and the elastic band keeps the other end over the lens.

But which brand of carrier bag; Tesco? Co-op? Sainbury's?...... WAITROSE? BAG FOR LIFE!? (£.10p)

You guys crack me up - you spend thousands on camera gear and then wont spend a few quid on a rain cover :LOL:

.DAVID.

You guys crack me up - you spend thousands on camera gear and then wont spend a few quid on a rain cover :LOL:

.DAVID.

Yes, but a rain cover is just a thing to keep the rain off, so why bother spending a lot of money if a £0.00 plastic bag does the same job. Believe me, if I could get something that does what a 1DIV does for £0.00 I'd be using that too!

Sainsbury's....

instant makeshift CTO filter for coloured flash!! :D

.DAVID.

Here was my "weather protection" at Thruxton on Sunday :LOL::bonk:

weather_protection.jpg

Back