Rainbows in sea spray

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a long time since I posted anything and I'm starting with a marmite one. This was taken between playing in the waves and bobbing about. The wind was whipping the top of the waves back and each one created a very brief rainbow. The waterproof camera has a 'magic' (HDR) setting on which I flick to every now and then. While it over-cooks in the extreme, I do like the way the way it renders water. I know that it won't be to most people's tastes but thought I'd share it anyway :)

(It's been so long since I last posted, I didn't know we could download from the PC lol - hope it works)

View attachment 23165

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any photograph that gets 100+ views and no comments is shocking..not the photograph, I might add.

It's a very dynamic photograph, and has lots of potential. But for me, it seems a little busy. Wonderful sky, but it's the splashes in the water that really hold my interest.

I'm not sure if including them would be better or not, but I do like them.

Cheers.

I rather like this,it,s very unusual,i understand about all the views & very little comment,gets worse here.:)

It took me a minute go work out what the various "features" were on the image. Very dynamic and good use of shutter speed.

There is a lot of detail in the image and the lighthouse? Is lost in the background, but great idea nicely executed to capture the rainbow.

Thanks guys. Tbh, i don't mind the no comments. I take it as a comment in itself and i knew this wasn't going to be to most tastes. It was never intended as a 'front runner' shot, more one that tries to capture the energy of the sea so that 'dynamic' and 'movement' has been used is fine by me :)
This is an example of an image taken for myself and those in the sea with me that day. I still feel the spray lashing against the back of my head when i look at this.

I a real novice in here but I like it cannot say why but nice

No colour sliders tweaked. The hdr setting pretty much tweaks everything to the max and sometimes gives a nice colour cast in places. Someimes it's awful mind but it's a tool that occasionally lends itself. Ta.

Nice to see fresh imagination used within a shot other than the usual boring and crap, long exposure stuff.

Thats a bloody good image, for me.

Steve

Last edited:
I think it's an excellent shot. You've done well there! It's not something that would have even crossed my mind!

James

Tbh, it's not really something you see from the shore. (I don't think ;-) )

Back