Rajasthan

Name
Jacob
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been in India for about 6 days out of a 7 week trip so I felt like sharing some images. These were all lit with a 60cm ezybox and SB700. (linked from facebook so may be a little poor IQ but internet is too crap to upload to more than one place). Hope you enjoy :)

1075798_452978098143473_1913992115_n.jpg

1000564_452967888144494_1114710463_n.jpg

1001539_452489578192325_882786045_n.jpg

1069878_452049361569680_423694034_n.jpg

Excellent. I like Nos 2 and 4 the most.

Very, very interesting protraits.

Number 2 is just fab! Superb portrait!

Really like these. 1 and 2 for me. Not so keen on the third although that's personal preference and its a technically very good shot but the pose and background, to my eyes, looks out of place in this set. Last one is good. They all grab the interst of the viewer, with subjects full of character.

Did you hold the strobe yourself or have a stand (voice activated/freestanding)? Which lens were you using by the way?

Looking forward to seeing more

S

DrGed said:
Excellent. I like Nos 2 and 4 the most.

Very, very interesting protraits.

gpc1 said:
right up my street!! fantastic, love the place!

sunnyside_up said:
Number 2 is just fab! Superb portrait!

mattd85 said:
Excellent , I have been following and liking on fbook :)

Sir SR said:
Really like these. 1 and 2 for me. Not so keen on the third although that's personal preference and its a technically very good shot but the pose and background, to my eyes, looks out of place in this set. Last one is good. They all grab the interst of the viewer, with subjects full of character.

Did you hold the strobe yourself or have a stand (voice activated/freestanding)? Which lens were you using by the way?

Looking forward to seeing more

S

Hi mate, the third may possibly look more at home in the whole body of work which is at about 70 shots already but I decided to take a kind of selection of each different area to show in this set if that makes sense.

As for the strobe, I am travelling with a very talented fixer who is Indian and so he is my helpful assistant when it comes to lighting and communication. Lens will be either 50mm f1.4 or 35mm f1.8 for these :)

dgrant_jr said:
beautiful, really captures the people

Thanks everyone!

Thanks forgetting back to me on that one - as I say looking forward to seeing more!

Shaheed

ps loving that octa!

jacob12_1993 said:
Thanks mate! Glad you are putting the octa to some use, saves it hanging around at my home collecting dust!

Especially if it helps funds towards getting these kinds of shots! Let is know it you've anything else gathering dust when you get back to Leeds :)

Superb as usual. really enjoy looking through your threads when you have been away.

Beautiful portraits #2 being my fave.... but I'd really like to see Rajasthan too ;)

Last edited:
Beautiful images. I have nothing negative to say whatsoever. Utterly beautiful images... well done.

I've been looking at your website too... you are good.

You've got your head screwed on right regarding funding generation... use that skill to get exhibited more... you deserve more recognition than you are getting.

Last edited:
great set, love the connection between you & the subjects, especially no 2

Beautiful images. I have nothing negative to say whatsoever. Utterly beautiful images... well done.

I've been looking at your website too... you are good.

You've got your head screwed on right regarding funding generation... use that skill to get exhibited more... you deserve more recognition than you are getting.

Thanks mate really appreciate the great feedback, an exhibition is something I am definitely looking into with the work I have shot here in India. Having never done it before it's quite daunting so I need to spend plenty of time reading up on it (y)

great set, love the connection between you & the subjects, especially no 2

Thanks (y)

Excellent set but no 2 is stunning

It's my personal favourite too(y)

Love them (y)

H

Thanks!

Back