Rallycross

Name
Dex
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all

Was the Rallycross Test Day at Lydden Hill so popped along in the morning to get a few photos, used both my 100-400 and 70-200 this week to get some different photos. Hope you like and any feedback welcome.

#1 Supercars waiting to go out

IMG_8580Cloned by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

IMG_8309 by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

IMG_8515 by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

IMG_8429 by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

IMG_8352 by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

IMG_8620 by Motorsport-Mad-Dex, on Flickr

Many thanks for looking
Dex

Some good pictures in the group but I like the last one which is all action. :clap:

Would have to agree with number 6 and number 8 for me.... Wish I was closer to Lydden to be honest :(

Cheers for sharing!

Hi Dex

Like #6, planning to go to Lydden on the 16th March for my first fix of Rallycross in far too long.

Looks like there are going to be some great cars in the ERC this year.

Have they put up any spectator fencing or restricted the viewing areas in any way?.

I seem to remember someone was hit by a stone at a drift day last year and there was talk of restricting some of the outside track viewing areas??

Hope the weather improves by next month :p

David

Would have to agree with number 6 and number 8 for me.... Wish I was closer to Lydden to be honest :(

Cheers for sharing!

Cheers Dan

Hi Dex

Like #6, planning to go to Lydden on the 16th March for my first fix of Rallycross in far too long.

Looks like there are going to be some great cars in the ERC this year.

Have they put up any spectator fencing or restricted the viewing areas in any way?.

I seem to remember someone was hit by a stone at a drift day last year and there was talk of restricting some of the outside track viewing areas??

Hope the weather improves by next month :p

David

Cheers David.
The ERX is looking really good this year, just hoping it doesnt hammer down with rain like it did last year.
In regards to spectating there is only waist high wooden fencing all round the circuit, After the incident at BHP at the elbow they have moved the fencing back but thats all, You can still take pictures there.
All of my photos were taken spectator side with a 100-400 and 70-200, being honest for most of Lydden a 70-200 is ample.

Thanks for the reply DEX, shall be taking my 70-200 and 1.4X and hope it doesn't rain too much.

David

Thanks for the reply DEX, shall be taking my 70-200 and 1.4X and hope it doesn't rain too much.

David

That combo will definitely get you some good shots at Lydden, it's Lydden so definitely bring wet weather gear shorts and sun tan lotion as you just never know what the weathers gonna be there. :D

How's the light? I went to Lydden a million years ago and the light was poor, particularly at the end of the day for the last runs.

By the way according to Motorsport News April 1st for first round of European Rallycross which is at Ltdden. Petter Solberg is going to be there so should be good for photographs (if you can get a clear shot).

How's the light? I went to Lydden a million years ago and the light was poor, particularly at the end of the day for the last runs.

By the way according to Motorsport News April 1st for first round of European Rallycross which is at Ltdden. Petter Solberg is going to be there so should be good for photographs (if you can get a clear shot).

The light is still poor at lydden, don't think ive seen any sunshine in the last four events this year :LOL:.
Am looking forward to the ERX, will be interesting to see how it goes.

pics-image-3-659577350.jpg

Guy in pic 1 looks like Peter Barlow off Corrie...

Back