just a straight copy...

check it out..you wont break anything if its wrong

what one is it out of the 4?

click the curved arrow symbol to enlarge the one you want to put on this post
choose 'BB code'...and then size...800 max
copy and paste that code into the thread box...no img or anything
just a straight copy...

check it out..you wont break anything if its wrong
Got it. Thank you very much. I found out i can't use the flickr apps to get the bcc code. It must be from website.

Got it. Thank you very much. I found out i can't use the flickr apps to get the bcc code. It must be from website.

yes i see you got it...its called the bb code just our of interest in case there are other similar ones
like the shot with the dribble of juice
a crop in from the right to take out the unproductive background only area...a suggestion

yes i see you got it...its called the bb code just our of interest in case there are other similar ones
like the shot with the dribble of juice
a crop in from the right to take out the unproductive background only area...a suggestion
Thanks for the tips will take note of it.

Very nice. The light and colours are lovely, and I like the shallow DOF, with the focus on that seed with the drip on it. (y)

Welcome to the world of photography and frustration lol.

1st off I like to have the settings and info on the kit used to critique and image, always helps when giving advice?
the shot its self isn't my cup of tea but its not a bad shot. id like to see a little more contrast in the shot to make it pop a little more. also I feel the very hungry caterpillar has ruined the shot a little with the leaves. and your DOF seems so thin that in fact 90% of the image is soft. and of that 10% most of it is the leaves.

Hope that isn't to harsh and you find it useful. Feel free to critique my work on the links below and get your own back lol :p

Welcome to the world of photography and frustration lol.

1st off I like to have the settings and info on the kit used to critique and image, always helps when giving advice?
the shot its self isn't my cup of tea but its not a bad shot. id like to see a little more contrast in the shot to make it pop a little more. also I feel the very hungry caterpillar has ruined the shot a little with the leaves. and your DOF seems so thin that in fact 90% of the image is soft. and of that 10% most of it is the leaves.

Hope that isn't to harsh and you find it useful. Feel free to critique my work on the links below and get your own back lol :p

Hi Barratt, thanks for the welcome. I'm using a 70D lens 18-135 IS STM, setting Av mode at f5.6, 1/13, ISO 400.
I did not do any post processing. I understand the pop factor you mention. And i agree with you. But how do i get the pop factor?
For the caterpillar i got no choice unless i pluck that leaf off.[emoji16]
My idea was to get the berry with the water droplet clear and the rest blur but in the end this is the best shot( quite rush on that day ). I also notice it seems to be focusing on the leaves instead althou i'm using manual focus.
Nah you ain't harsh at all. Its great to point out all the mistakes so i could learn from there. Imagine if everyone says that i have a very perfect picture. I would never improve and 10yrs down the road i'm still taking the same kind of photos.
I can't do any critique on your work yet as i'm still amateur. One day, when i gain enough experience and skills and i will.[emoji12]

Hi Barratt, thanks for the welcome. I'm using a 70D lens 18-135 IS STM, setting Av mode at f5.6, 1/13, ISO 400.
I did not do any post processing. I understand the pop factor you mention. And i agree with you. But how do i get the pop factor?
For the caterpillar i got no choice unless i pluck that leaf off.[emoji16]
My idea was to get the berry with the water droplet clear and the rest blur but in the end this is the best shot( quite rush on that day ). I also notice it seems to be focusing on the leaves instead althou i'm using manual focus.
Nah you ain't harsh at all. Its great to point out all the mistakes so i could learn from there. Imagine if everyone says that i have a very perfect picture. I would never improve and 10yrs down the road i'm still taking the same kind of photos.
I can't do any critique on your work yet as i'm still amateur. One day, when i gain enough experience and skills and i will.[emoji12]

I feel I was a little harsh now but you look my points like a pro. A tip for macro is to manual focus as you did but zoom in on live view to make sure its sharp. And when you think thay your dof is sooo tiny and your shutter speed is so slow any tiny breeze would move the berries out of focus. This isnt helped by the dark lens but you have to work around that. Id suggest either a reflector (even something as simple as a sheet of white card) and dont be scared to push your iso upto 800 or a 1000. A little grain is better than a missed shot.

Were you using a tripod for this shot?

And as far as critiquing others work goes its just as much about the feel of a shot than the actual technical image. My mrs is the 1st to critique my work. She has no photography knowledge but she knows what looks nice and that is as valid as anyother opinion. So please feel free to take a look and tell me what you think and if you have any other questions post them on my fb and ill help you out. We all have to start somewhere. Some people are just further up the ladder :)

Frankly i'm ok with your view i don't feel offended in anyway. I will take note on your tips. I was't using tripod. Sure i will look thru your works so i can learn more. Really havent have time to shoot more photos. Life here is hectic. Wish i had more time. Btw i will be travelling to switzerland in nov. Going to take landscape photos. U have any guide for it. Will not be using tripod as i haven't even buy it. [emoji16]

Frankly i'm ok with your view i don't feel offended in anyway. I will take note on your tips. I was't using tripod. Sure i will look thru your works so i can learn more. Really havent have time to shoot more photos. Life here is hectic. Wish i had more time. Btw i will be travelling to switzerland in nov. Going to take landscape photos. U have any guide for it. Will not be using tripod as i haven't even buy it. [emoji16]

Message me on my fb site as its easier than here and ill be happy to give you some landscape tips and pointers. :)

Back