Ranmore Common, Surrey.

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone remember that thread I made about lack of places in the SE to tog? I was talking rubbish!

A few mins research and I found a place called Ranmore Common, which is all about 20 mins drive from where I live. I went there purely based on the fact of the terrain height indicators in Google maps, had no idea what it actually looked like :LOL:

I went to scout the area out, and took my gear with me. I was totally amazed at the view presented with me when I walked past the car park.

This is my first try at 'normal' landscape photography rather than long exposure/epic mountain/seascape stuff I like.

I went late in the day but will definitely be going back. I was lucky enough to catch sunset....

6783656507_cd9b683e95_z.jpg

Any feedback would be great :) Thanks.

Last edited:
you have done something to this?
overall its quite end of day feeling but i think a filter was used somehow
its moody but could be uplifted with some/some more pp
cheers
geof

Mrtoad yes a little PP has been done. ND Grad filter added in LR (because I forgot mine- doh!), and some constrast tweaks. Nothing huge though.

I was actually trying to get out of the habit of too much PPing (as thats what I usually do)!

Could you suggest what extra PP I could do to benefit it?

Mrtoad yes a little PP has been done. ND Grad filter added in LR (because I forgot mine- doh!), and some constrast tweaks. Nothing huge though.

I was actually trying to get out of the habit of too much PPing (as thats what I usually do)!

Could you suggest what extra PP I could do to benefit it?

use a tone curve and reset the highs and lows
then i usually do some changes using hue and saturation and contrast
then faff around with burn and dodge
i can really ruin a shot when i put my mind to it though:LOL:

good luck with that...if you put up the original i can play around with it for my learning as well
cheers
geof

Back