Yes
Hi took this pic the sky wasn't the best so i tried some PP

does it work or just naff?? New and learning PP
got to enter into local comp

C+C welcome

Thanks

4926480697_b8fc79c5f9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Its not hay, looks like oilseed rape straw by the length of the stalks and the re sprouting plants underneath.

Last edited:
not really keen on the sky, what did it look like with the original?

...plus you can see where you have dropped the sky over the trees which makes it look a bit naff

I like the composition of the frame, but agree about the sky, it feels a bit claustrophobic, I'd burn it in a little to lighten it. Also I'm personally not keen on the tint.

Maybe it would look better if you just dodged the sky a bit to make it brighter and just had it in black and white with no tint.

I actually like the tint on the ground, but not so keen on the sky - maybe tone down the tint and then have the sky as B&W? As has already been said the foreground feels a little claustrophobic, though the rest of the framing I like.

I actually think that the colour one is the best which is surprising. I'd still lighten that sky a bit though.

I like the extended foreground in Dave's version, and the sky in the colour copy looks good.

No Dan, I used an action I made for BW, tweaked the levels, then I put the faintest of vignette on it, all done after I extended the foreground with CAS

Hello Dan
Just to say I like the first one. Very textural and automnlike. Possibly a little too much of a tint, and the sky is a little too claustraphobic but essentially I like the effects over the orig colour one. Beaut compostion.
Regards Matthew

A bit of PP can bring the sky back a bit, very quick go, i'm sure you could get it better.

RapeStraw22.jpg
[/IMG]

Back