(Really) stunning pictures and photos......

Some stunning shots there number 30 does it for me Pigeon Point Lighthouse.

Other than a long exposure 114 seconds anyone care to explain what type of filter would have been use to get this shot?

Some lovely images there. I bet they weren't taken with a Panasonic Lumix :LOL:

Some of them are quite good - I normally have a look though the link below if I want to know how bad my photography really is..... :D

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/

Hmmm. I thought 2 or 3 of them were quite good, but otherwise there's a lot of average to poor stuff in there IMHO.

Agree, you can find better stuff on here, if you dig deep enough........(y)

as above, not that impressed with a lot of them, im loving the mustang's passing over golden gate bridge though

Hmmm. I thought 2 or 3 of them were quite good, but otherwise there's a lot of average to poor stuff in there IMHO.

Agree.........

i agree about the sparrow on the birdbath, amzing

Strange isn't it and goes to show that everyone's tastes are different and perhaps you shouldn't delete that shot that you think is only worthy of the trash.

If I'd shot the sparrow, I think I would have deleted it cos it looks like nothing....No beak, head shape etc, just a blurred mass where the head should be....yet it ends up in a "stunning" perceived collection.

It would be quite interesting to "RescuePro" all my CF cards and stick the images in a gallery using words something like "Stunning", "Abstract", "Mind blowing" etc and see what response they got. I bet I may be surprised...

Last edited:
Agree about most being average, some nice ones though - have got a shot like the sparrow somewhere, but it was a Blue Tit. Deleted it.

drew

1) The CORSAIR taken from a B-25 over the golden gate bridge
2) The bald eagle, whilst not technically stunning I just think its great.

I think with a lot of them its mainly perfect timing, rather then an actual perfect photo, if that makes sense.

1) The CORSAIR taken from a B-25 over the golden gate bridge

I think with a lot of them its mainly perfect timing, rather then an actual perfect photo, if that makes sense.

like that one as well, and I agree with your comment. Most of these shots are about perfect timing.

I think 42 would make a nice poster for global warming or air pollution... clone out the wing and it's perfect :D

Hope to get a shot like 11 if there is a fog while the leaves are still falling.

Back