Reccommend a nikon film camera.

Edit My Images
Yes
I will probably need a film SLR for A level next year.

Is the F100 a good one to look at? Or are there better alternatives?

Now that is one great camera...... you could do a lot worse than one of these.

F4's are a bit older but solid workhorses....! F5 too expensive?

F100 is a really good tool though.

The F100 is a nice camera as is the cheaper and lighter F90x, but they are both fairly 'automated'. If you're doing 'A' levels you might want to consider a more hands on manual system like the FM or FA series.

I still shoot quite a lot using an old F301 which you can pick up for 10 to 20 quid off eBum

Well, if you want to go down the Manual route...... find yourself a nice F2! (you won't be able to G series lenses though)

That's a valid point actually. Only F55, F60?, F75, F80 and F100 will take G series lenses.

The F100 is a great body, and will take virtually all Nikkor lenses. I'ts not lightweight, but is solid.

You could go down a level and get an F80 or F75, but the build quality is nowhere near as good.

Going back a bit, the F-801s and F90x are both great (I know as I've got both of them... just upgraded to a digital system :crying: ) Both tough as nails, with metal bodies, and no built-in flash to get broken.

Got my F-801s back in 1994, it's been all around the world with me since then, and is still in A1 working order.
A.

For me the classic Nikon will always be the F3 ... :love:

Find a good one and you'll have a rock solid work horse for years and it will not cost the earth either ... :D

:p

The F100 is a great camera. The F80 is worth a look too.

If your looking to shoot 100% film then look no further than the F6. Or even the F3.

I would go for an FM2, manual everything! Cracking cameras!

ive an f65 and an f80 and both are great the f80 is better because it allows you more freedom......and of course you can pick them up really cheap...

FM2n

Light weight, easy to use, soild build, fully manual so good way to start and learn. That was my first camera and it's such a really good camera to have :) That and then get a 50mm f/1.8 AIS hmmmm

Back