Recent Shots

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few of my recent shots - theres a whole medley in here and I thought it best to put them in general rather than create a load of seperate posts in the relevant sections ;)

C&C most welcome and thank you very much for taking the time to look.

Some seagulls fighting over some chips

20060916224758_gulls.jpg

Street photography first attempt - I like the eye contact with the bloke, suprised I managed to get it.

20060916220105_street.jpg

High Tide

20060909215203_sea.jpg

Moonscape

20060908202711_moon.jpg

OK then, you asked for it (and without the aid of a spell checker, the other computer in me office has just gone t**s up so I guess I'll have to replace it this afternoon, that means working:help: ).

#1, nice shot but I think it would have been better to concentrate on one or two birds rather than a spreadout crowd of them. That new 100 - 400L of yours is a cracker for this kind of shot.

#2, I hate with a passion having to take photos like this, so hats off to those who do. However a good shot that could be improved with some PPing to bring out the detail in the shadows and correct the blown out sky.

#3, Yes its presumably high tide and it's B/W. Perhaps a slower shutter speed to give more sense of movement or mystery to the water would have worked.

#4, Like it, a nice moody shot. But could do with the lens flair removing. BTW, is that the sun or moon?

Ther you go, for what its worth from a n00b, my simple thoughts :) :)

Its okay mate, I appreciate the comments no matter what.

I hope to give the 100-400L a bit of a go in a few hours, it'll only be out the back of the house but I'll see what it can do :)

#1 - all I had on me was the kit lens, I went for a walkabout :)

#3 - it was handheld, sue was using the tripod and got a brill slow exposure photo with a lovely effect.

#4 - that lens flair is the most detailed picture of the moon I've ever gotten ;)

Can't wait to try out this L glass, I just pray I don't get addicted to it :eek:

Back