Recent wanderings, a right mixture.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Random shots whilst wandering about London this weekend. All are taken with the new 70-200 lens, (except the stated) its wide aperture and VR coming in very handy as the day darkens...but also just because it’s great to have another fast AF lens to use at last. grin.
I'll write up something usefull on my feelings of this lens later, still know little about it abilities at this stage...so, when I've masterd it so to speak, I'll let you know how I feel.

Let us know what you like and what you dislike about any of these please folks, it’s a right mixture I know.

An embellishment on someone else’s art.
1. 18-70mm (Sharpend then soft filter applied)
someoneelsesart.jpg

Greengrocer.jpg

I waved; pointed at my camera and then him, asked for a thumbs up... he then crossed his arms and looked at scornfully....so I took the shot anyway.
Crossman.jpg

seedheads.jpg

Couplekiss.jpg

rabbithouses.jpg

Buildingblocks.jpg

8. 18-70mm
spiralslide.jpg

A merge of two, top and bottom.
9. (50% soft fliter)
windowcleaner.jpg

10. 18-70mm
Childswing.jpg

Not getting on with the new lens then FB ... :LOL:

A fine set Adam ... a great range of topics and focal lengths you've packed in there ... (y)

I can honestly say there is not one that I do not like ... ;)

The first one is a fantastic interpretive shot ... really like the treatment ... although I don't usually like 'false' pics ... this one works well ... :D

A pleasure to wander through this set FB ... (y)

:p

A lovely and very diverse set there Adam... impressive mate. (y)

Very good selection of shots there mate. You've improved dramatically of late (y)

Love that 'lovers kissing through the branches' shot... Well spotted.

Keep up the good work. Some very good shots there.

Excellent set and the kind of range of style and imaginative shooting I would like to achieve myself - technically good as well imo.

For me the two lovers shots and the ladder shot are the best of an excellent bunch!

Number 4 isn't showing for me! :-(

Number fours showing now John...sorry about that everyone. It was a fave too.

Thanks for the uplifting comments guys. (y)
I've been going through a bit of a dry spell the last few months, like many of us I put it down to the time of year. I've not been able to shoot anything well, a serious lack of inspiration and drive, many of you have felt the same way I've noticed.

But then I also realised that it wasn't the shots that where so poor it me analysing and criticising my work so much that I became disillusioned and frustrated with all my shots. So I gave up worrying, as theirs was little to be gained, and went back to a more relaxed frame of mind, used my eyes, my imagination, and let myself go.

...still loads of unworkable shots, but a couple of good ones as well … phew. :)

Thanks FB - and its the same high standard as the others as expected - a lovely set!!!

I do need to get out there like you have - time seems to be against me though!

:) I love them, even though I'm not sure about the lovers pic... I like it, but it also makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, a bit vouyeristic if you know what I mean......:embarrassed:

Excellent. That’s just what I wanted it to do.(y)

... Oh, and I do know how you feel, I felt exactly the same whilst shooting, although I tried to imagine this is how a pap would feel, not a fella in a rain coat. lol... the branches where the perfect framing to get that across I thought. Thanks PS, very pleased with that shot I am.

Hadn't realised I'd missed number 4 ... :eek: ... it is getting worse ... :puke:

The missing one is at odds with the rest ... imo ... totally different kof ... an imaginative shot but just not at the same standard ... :shrug:

Could probably have done with a tighter crop on a single stem or couple of stems ... and greater use of limited DoF ... just my thoughts fwiw ... :thinking:

Still think all the others are belters though ... (y)

even though I'm not sure about the lovers pic.........I like it, but it also makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, a bit vouyeristic if you know what I mean......:embarrassed:

Interesting you felt this way about Nr.5 ... but not Nr.1 ... :D

Anyway ... joking aside ... they are in a very public place and only kissing ... :naughty: ... and therefore by definition can it really be voyeuristic to look at/photo them on either count ... :thinking:

I'd be more worried about the aftermath from Nr.3 ... if looks could kill ... :eek:

I didnt realise Id missed no4 either ... nothing wrong with it,(love the wintery feel to it) but I dont think it fits in so well with the others which have a distinct people/urban feel.

Thanks everyone, your comments are most appreciated.

The missing one is at odds with the rest ... imo ... totally different kof ... an imaginative shot but just not at the same standard ... :shrug:

Could probably have done with a tighter crop on a single stem or couple of stems ... and greater use of limited DoF ... just my thoughts fwiw ... :thinking:

Yeah, I tried quite a few different comps, this one just won through somehow... it works if you don't study it two much, just ponder at it rather than scrutinise. :shrug: :D ...I should go back and try again really....to cold for that though. ;)

I have no idea what the guy in the canoe was really thinking...didn't stop to look again that’s for sure. lol.

Ta mate.

I didnt realise Id missed no4 either ... nothing wrong with it,(love the wintery feel to it) but I dont think it fits in so well with the others which have a distinct people/urban feel.

Nice one Glo (y) and thanks for looking twice.
Your right I'm sure, it is an odd one, just stuck it in because I liked it. It has got a lovely wintery feel after all....
Thanks for your other comments too. :)

I do need to get out there like you have - time seems to be against me though!

Isn't that always the case, why is it the older you get the less time 'you' have...err, well YKWIM. Lol.
John, If you do get a free afternoon or something give us a shout/pm and we can wander your area or something, you've got canals and stuff up their haven't you? ...pub lunches are a particular favourite as well. :D

Some pretty decent shots there, love some of the angles you've captured, they work really well (y)

Back