Recent working trip to the Scilly Isles

Hi andrew, Im not sure these are working for me, I'm afraid. There's too much water in the foreground. I think the first one needs to be straightened too, seems to be higher on the right than the left but it just might be me

I think if there were closer shots on the first one, it would look much better as I can see some boats and a lighthouse in the far distance. Exposure looks fine and on flickr at full screen on the highest res, I think if you had got closer, you could have had some really nice images. Any more? :)

Hin Carl, Have got more, but they are all pretty much of a muchness I'm afraid, we were rebuilding navigation beacons and due to the draft of the vessl I am skipper of, and the fact we had to be close to the beacon it was impossible to try and get closer to the subjects. I didnt have my DSLR with me ,so they were all taken on my Coolpix S9700, which I bought to take away with me, its a lot more compact. That said the Coolpix is great, but you can only use the max zoom if stood on solid ground, its hard to use on a small ship.

Back