Recommend me a Backpack for 40D with 70-200 attached please

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a backpack to hold my Canon 40D with 70-200 F4 attached. Also space for couple of prime lenses like 28mm and maybe 17-85 etc..

Budget up to £50.

Suppose waterproof would be handy..

TIA,
Chris

Last edited:
Is it an f2.8 or an f4 ?

You could go for a Lowepro Slingshot 202 and take most of the separators out. I can get my 7D/70-200 f2.8 IS combo in like this but not much else.

I recently bought a Think Tank "Streetwalker" for exactly this purpose. It's brilliant, but is around £100.

Steve

Have a look on Amazon- loads on there (y)

Les :D

Got a green Flipside 400 for only slightly more than fifty quid a month back from Jessops

Holds a 40D with 400mm attached, room to spare as well also has a waterproof cover and tripod holder

Maybe worth considering?

Got a green Flipside 400 for only slightly more than fifty quid a month back from Jessops

Holds a 40D with 400mm attached, room to spare as well also has a waterproof cover and tripod holder

Maybe worth considering?

I've got this rucksack too, and I'd also recommend it. I've got a fair bit of kit, and it holds everything well, although I did have to get a little creative with the hoods.

Lowepro Slingshot 300: Takes my 20D with 70 -200 attached, my 350D and 4 extra lenses as well as all my cables, filters, etc. It also has a tripod hold and a waterproof cover. Quick to swing and open as well.

Andy

The Kata 3N1-30 will do that. Excellent for carrying gear with the straps in rucksack config, and of course converts to slingpack when "on site". Very well made too. I got mine from Amazon @ 3 weeks ago for £73 post free.

Lowepro fastpack is a great bag! Room for a gripped 60d, 70-200 attached and plenty space for extra lenses and a flash or two! Also takes up to a 15.6" laptop

try an ebay search for crumpler backpacks some good deals on full photo bags and seem to be waterproof, just ordered a half photo for days when out walking in the lakes

A point worth noting on the Flipside 400AW (which I highly recommend!) is that you can't use the tripod holder and the AW cover simultaneously. Something of a design flaw I think.

The Kata 3N1-30 will do that. Excellent for carrying gear with the straps in rucksack config, and of course converts to slingpack when "on site". Very well made too. I got mine from Amazon @ 3 weeks ago for £73 post free.

:agree: Hold's all my gear in my sig below.... Have a search around for best prices thou.... Usually Amazon are about the better of them all thou...

i just got a lowepro pro runner 200 which holds my 60d with a 70-200 f/4 attached plus a 15-85 and a nifty fifty
also takes my panasonic lx5 both chargers and the usual crap we carry spare batteries for both etc

I have to say I have the amazon basics rucksac which costs £25-£30 (I can't remember exactly) and it's great. Padded, comfy straps, loads of dividers and takes my whole kit (Canon 40D, sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, 17-85mm and 70-300mm plus memory cards, batteries, charger, etc) with room to spare. In fact it also took my kindle and iPad this week when I was up in Scotland. It may not last a trip up the mountains :D but for my needs it's perfect.

I have the Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Backpack, if you a number of lens, flash etc then would recommend it. I like how you open from the back so when you have it on your back nobody can open it or anything fall out if you haven't done a zip up properly.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Tamrac Aero Speed Pack 75... around £55. I have one which currently holds my 40D and 70-200 F4 with room to spare for a couple of smaller lenses. You've then got an upper compartment for general bits, food etc.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Had a look at a Lowepro Slingshot 300 in camera world last night and like the idea of them.. Good price on wharehouse express too..

Another vote for the Flipside 400 here. I bought it only a couple of months after purchasing my first dslr bag which was beginning to get severely overloaded (Flipside 200). This 'hobby/passion' is an expensive yet addictive habbit!!!!

Back