Recommendations for a 3rd party Nikon TTL Flash

Edit My Images
No
Having previously only bought manual flashes (Yongnuos 460/560) and been quite happy with them I'm now looking at investing in one with TTL to assist with the shots I take when I don't have the luxury of dialling the power up or down to get it right.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a TTL speedlight than doesn't cost an arm and a leg ie. a Nikon branded one..... or would suggest that I do take the leap and fork out the extra?

I'm also thinking along the lines of it potentially working in conjunction with the manuals at times so an element of compatibility might be of use.

Thanks

Have a look at used sb800, might be able to pick one up for between 120 and 140.

If it is for off camera flash you could look at yn622 trigger or yn565ex flash.

Yongnuo 565EX for Nikon, £71.00 new, ttl on camera and works in ttl in wireless commander mode off camera.

I have a Yongnuo YN465 that is TTL for Nikon. Works like a charm for fill flash outdoors and as the main light source indoors at parties etc. It can be used in manual as well.

For reference; I also have a couple of YN460II's and it is slightly less powerful than one of those (when set on full of course).

As to forking out extra for a Nikon... not sure I'd bother personally. The SB900 is an absolute joke, overheats with such speed and regularity it usually stays in the bag, the SB910 is better but they didn't really solve the overheat issue, they just masked it by making it run on reduced power when it got hot. Obviously if you need full power, you need full power, not a flash that works half heartedly.

I would get the 568EX with HSS. Well, i did and i like it. :)

Back