Recommended bag for camera and laptop?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I'm starting a new job in the middle east in the next month and want to take my Canon 6d and a couple of lenses, plus my laptop. Can anyone recommend a bag that will take both?

Thanks

John

I lived in Abu Dhabi. Make sure you buy a sensor clean kit. Lots of fine dust (sand) in the air. Can't help with the bag I'm afraid, don't use Canon, but but I would say backpacks leave you sweating and wet on your back. Shoulder bags are better. It'll start cooling down in that part of the world over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll put that in my suitcase!

Laptop in a laptop bag/case, camera and a couple of lenses in some little shoulder bag.

I would think any camera bag that can take a laptop, is going to have much more room than you need for your camera gear - unless your lenses are big buggers.

Or stick them all in whatever bog standard carry on case you have, if you don't need a camera bag once you're over there.

Hi!

I recently bought a Manfrotto Advance Travel Backpack and I am very pleased. This currently holds my A6000 with 18-105 attached. 30mm prime, 2 flashes and a reciever, kit lens, a set of filters, remote trigger, mini tripod, Manfrotto befree tripod (has an external pocket on the side which is a life saver!) macro extention tubes and a dedicated laptop compartment which comfertably holds my 15" mac. It also has a space for other things above the camera section which i can manage to fit a pair of jeans, underware and wash stuff in . Its a tight squeeze but it works!

I like the look at that one... I'll pop along to a camera shop tomorrow to have a look. The laptop will only be going in it for the flights, it'll just be used as a camera case after that.

Back