red fox drinking

Name
ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
red-fox-drinking.gif

That's a great capture - love the way the fox is looking at you!
The lighting is strong and also makes it look slightly false?

I'm not suggesting it is but it doesn't appear to be as natural as I'd expect - perhaps its the background or the lighting

Thanks guys, its wild, turned up while I was waiting for the kingfisher.
Not sure what you mean by false, the fox looks false or the lighting? please elaborate so I can try and re-edit.

All I did was slightly brighten the right hand side of the face (which was more shadowy) and sharpen. (clone the od bright bit of background out)

Last edited:
First rate - don't get chances like that very often.
Be a super shot even without the reflection, but that makes it exquisite.

excellent shot! only thing i can think of is perhaps straighten it so that the fox's eyes are level?

Very well captured... really like the shot...

Raj

Absolutely perfect, nothing else to add(y)

Agree with all the positive comments above, superb shot. Nicely done.

Like it a lot - one of those little (although in this case big!) bonuses in life for being patient,

That is a stunning capture. Very beautiful and natural. :D

fabulous shot

wow what a fantastic capture.
not only do you know where the kingfisher lives you get to tog a passing fox!!!!!

I can see where the 'false' comments are coming from. To me I think it's because of the nicely shaped edges of the rocks, the neatness of the foxes fur, the perfection of the reflection, the foxes stance and the hard edges of the shadows. All of these combine to make it look somewhat like a shot of a stuffed animal in a museum, as if it was set up and spotlit.

I don't think this is at all a bad thing, I think the fact that is looks slightly 'false' just shows how much of a perfect shot it is! Congrats :)

Back