Critique Red Kite

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Another Red Kite photo, I've tried to re-think the way I edit after the help and tips received, this edit took a while to get 'right' and one headache and a few mugs of tea later this is the stage I'm at.

C&C welcome as always (y)

(sample of the RAW file included) Canon 90D + Sigma 150-600mm (ISO 1000 - 1/1250 - f/7.1 - 600mm)

Edit all done with Affinity Photo

Thank you for looking :)

Gav

Red kite edit by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Sample of RAW
Red kite RAW.jpg

Last edited:
Brought out the feather detail well there Gav, Des's suggestion re exposure is a good tip to follow in future. (y)

Brought out the feather detail well there Gav, Des's suggestion re exposure is a good tip to follow in future. (y)
Thanks, Just need to remember everything now, I rushed out the other day to catch a bird and failed..... someone forgot to set the camera up after using it for macro few hours earlier :LOL:

Brought the shadows out nicely. They can sometimes be noisy or grainy but without zooming in, this one looks OK. (y)

Wow! Love the backlit wings there, bud! You did a fantastic job of sprucing up that pic, Gav, and good job on suppressing any noise you may've created when you increased the exposure.

The edit really make it pop - nice shot Gav :)

Les

Back