Critique Red Robin (now revised as advised)....

In all honesty Robin you need to forget about this shot and concentrate on moving forward with you editing with a better image, if not you will just screw yourself up in a knot trying to sort it out. Like building a new structure you need a good foundation as a building block. Every time you try to improve this image you will just strip more detail from it. You obviously know what is wrong with it regards to focus and blown parts, so idealy the way forward is to prevent that from happening again through your camera settings and technique, yes it is possible to pull back things in PP if needed but you will find that the majority attempt to get it right in camera leaving themselves as little PP work as possible. And yeh before you repat yourself again, I am fully aware you are capable of better shots ;)

Ok i will make no further comments to your posts as whatever constructive advice is given you always have an excuse and these posts show you have taken little or no notice whatsoever…. hope you get what you strive for and just carry on enjoying what you are already

....Er,

Who suggested I desaturate my second effort at this photo? - You did. And I both thanked you and have taken your advice.

This whole thread, but also most of my other critique threads, are testament that I have listened and have acted accordingly in most cases.

What you call my "excuses" are simply my explanations of the circumstances and sometimes my own opinions. Am I not allowed to have my own opinions if sometimes they are different from yours then?

Fortunately some other people can see that I do listen and put advice in my melting pot....

As a learning exercise, Robin has listened and acted on the advice offered...

It's up to you whether you want to comment or not on my threads.

:cool:

Last edited:
In all honesty Robin you need to forget about this shot and concentrate on moving forward with you editing with a better image, if not you will just screw yourself up in a knot trying to sort it out. Like building a new structure you need a good foundation as a building block. Every time you try to improve this image you will just strip more detail from it. You obviously know what is wrong with it regards to focus and blown parts, so idealy the way forward is to prevent that from happening again through your camera settings and technique, yes it is possible to pull back things in PP if needed but you will find that the majority attempt to get it right in camera leaving themselves as little PP work as possible. And yeh before you repat yourself again, I am fully aware you are capable of better shots ;)

....I totally agree.

My aim is eventually to do as little PP as possible but I see no harm in my learning from my mistakes and hence learning about PP. I think that in-camera processing and post processing are to some degree related.

(y)

Once again Robin you have an answer for everything

..Er,

Who suggested I desaturate my second effort at this photo? - You did. And I both thanked you and have taken your advice.

Perhaps you should read and take more notice! Show me where i mentioned de-saturating your image

It's up to you whether you want to comment or not.

:cool:

Yes it is…I was merely trying to help but you obviously know best so as I said I will offer no more help, you obviously don't want or NEED it

My mistake, Steve, it was Lee who advised the slight desaturation and others posted their agreement. It appears that you didn't suggest the desaturation.

I did actually try a square crop as I think you(?) suggested and objectively reported what I found.

However, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to realise that I have listened to advice and have acted on it.

Let us agree to go our separate ways.

:)

Back