Red Sands Recreation

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
There's an interesting area a few miles South of me, here in the desert of Otero County, NM. "Red Sands Recreation" it's called. I took some props for a surreal shot a few weeks ago. Reality>Solarized>Cartoonized. "Robby and Friends". The blob in motion, upper right is a real, live UFO............................

Robby and Friends-AAA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike...

interesting example of employing Solarisation - i'm intrigued as to what you're actually trying to say - basically, because I'm afraid it's really not sending any message to me other than "someone took a cardboard box of props into the desert, threw them on the ground, and then photographed them while eating a couple of Peyote buds - then attempted to recreate the visions ensuing afterwards using post-production effects.

Aside from the Robbie the Robot toy i'm unable to discern anything i'm afraid.

as I say, perhaps if the artist could explain his vision and message it would all become clear,

Failing that, perhaps a reliable source of Peyote ? :)

I'll add to that. Despite it really not being my cup of tea, I get the idea of the creativity and use of techniques. What lets it down for me as an image, that aside, is that the rocket is cut off at the top, and seems to be growing out of Robbie's head. Placement of the props is therefore not working right. I think if you balanced the image with Robbie higher up and the rocket to the left, it might gain better perspective too.

Back