Red Sky at Night...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

red sky at night by sadlybrokeboy73, on Flickr

This is another from a set taken at Druidstone Haven in Pembs a couple of weeks ago.

I can't decide what to make of the shot - was really struck by the sky, but can't quite make up my mind if I've done it justice?

Very little was done to the photo apart from a crop, levels and a sharpening tweak.

C&C really appreciated! :)

Matt

Last edited:
hi, lovely sky :)

just wondering what it would look like if you cropped it a bit more - taking out the rock and shoreline at the bottom. They are quite dark and distract the eyes a bit. You should still be able to get most of the colour on the water in I think (held a piece of paper up to the screen to get an idea :D )

Hmmmmmmm - You may have a point there - make it more of a pano crop!

I shall do some playing around tonight! :)

Thanks!

Any suggestions appreciated! :)

Matt

I like the rock, but I think it would have been better to follow rule of thirds more and have it in the picture more. Good shot though.

Hi! What a beautiful shot! Lovely colours and reflections. I agree with elphesadente, Rule of Thirds would do the sky, water AND shore line more justice. :)

I like this shot,
could you please tell me the settings you used for this, as the sun is bright but not blown, I am struggleing big time with trying to do a great sunset shot with the sun in the sky.

Thanks

spike

A little flat for me and the horizon is wonky. also not keen on the stone being so close to the bottom of the frame.

Back