RED

Name
Rayna
Edit My Images
No
I need critique and comments on this two photos. The theme is RED and I need to know if any of them is any good in your opinion.

The first is a "Red Sunset" shot at the local beach and the second is "Red Poppy". Which one do you prefer for a competition entry or neither is strong enough?

Red%252520Sunset.JPG

red%252520poppy.JPG

Thank you!

I like them both - simple and done well. Number 1 is best IMO, a bit mystical. :)

Hi I like #1, but I'd 'straighten' it a bit, it 'appears' to slope down to the right. #2 is OK but its a bit hackneyed, not very original. Look for other stuff - Red Bull, Red wine, or even a newspaper (black and white and read all over ...)

No 2 does nothing for me i'm afraid, lacks detail.

Love no 1 though, great colour. Especially like the reflection at the bottom!

Thank you for the opinions! Do any of you think that the first image needs something to be improved or its good as it is?

Carol the photo appear to be sloping a bit because the dark clouds are not straight and also because the photo is taken in an angle to the sea. It can not be straightened so everything is horizontal.

No 1 has some lovely lines and shapes in it and the Poppy doesn't really work for me, i think it would be better if the near petal was down to show the the inner detail, as for competition shots, judges generally don't like sunrise/set images unless they are something pretty spectacular, the Poppy isn't really strong enough, no harm in trying though.

Thank you John for the input on the competition shots. To be honest in this particular competition some of the old winners had landscape shots which in my opinion are not spectacular in any way. But as you said there is no harm in trying!

Thank you Dave for the kind words! I too think it has to go on my wall! I had quite a few very good shots that day and all have different colour scheme. It was very good day for seascapes!

Back