Redsnapper Head

Edit My Images
No
Anyone experience Redsnapper Heads for tripod?

planning to buy a new head for my Giotto 9361B because the head that i got supply is broken.

The price on the redsnapper is very cheap and it look like the head is completely made in metal which leads to sturdy and good max load.

yep have a redsnapper tripod and head - no probs in 2 yrs.

I've got the redsnapper 3 way and the small ball head. Both are great, the ball head is my fave :)

ok thanks guys, i think i will buy a 3 way panning first then add a different head in the future for other purpose :)

I got the larger Redsnapper ball head for Xmas... I don't know how they do it for the money... It's excellent ! Buy with confidence.

badboy1984 said:
ok thanks guys, i think i will buy a 3 way panning first then add a different head in the future for other purpose :)

I'd go for the ball. It is easier to move and adjust unless you need to lock the camera and only pan

I feel confident with red snapper without even using it atm. It just give me the feeling it will work out.

I've order the cheap 3 way pan/tilt head that cost around £15.

After buying my Giotto 936 1B and Giotto 5011 Head i'm lack of fund now. I just hoping i can get the refund on my giotto head because the head is broken during delivery and the tripod and head is in a all in one package so refund will be complex.

But i've order the red snapper head anyway. If any reason i can get some refund out of the giotto head i will be happy otherwise the tripod and head will go back for full refund and i will just buy the red snapper tripod instead :)

Used to put a Canon 40D and 100-400L lens onto a redsnapper ballhead, it always was solid once tightened and no lens creep either.

thats good to know. I probably buy the ball head next month when i get paid but for now i've order the 3 way pan since i do stills/video so panning is useful for me :)

thats good to know. I probably buy the ball head next month when i get paid but for now i've order the 3 way pan since i do stills/video so panning is useful for me :)

If you are going to use a tripod for video you would be better off getting a fluid head to allow a smooth panning action seeing as you've highlighted it.

damn i've order the 3 way head now. Well for the price i will just use it for now and add another head next month.

Am I the only one who's had problems?

I've got the 3 way head, used it around 5 or 6 times & in that time the cork ontop has come off & the wing nut that holds the head when moving between landscape & portrait has come off too.

How did the wing nut come off? You don't have to undo it that much.

I've put my plate with cork on 8 times or so and there is no hint of it coming off. In what way has it come off?

Last edited:
The cork itself has come unstuck, and the wing nut has completly come off, but I'm not suprised as it feels it's made of plastic & the bolt it's attacted to it metal, not the best combination to bond together.

I'm at work at the moment but I'll try & get a few pics when get home & show you...if anyones interested.

daveharlow said:
The cork itself has come unstuck, and the wing nut has completly come off, but I'm not suprised as it feels it's made of plastic & the bolt it's attacted to it metal, not the best combination to bond together.

I'm at work at the moment but I'll try & get a few pics when get home & show you...if anyones interested.

I'd like to see, iirc my nut is metal (oh err). It should be a standard size and easily replaced

My wing nut came unstuck and was araldited back together but the general design of the head itself is a bit crude so I replaced it with a Giottos which is far better quality and locks up nicely and without effort....the tripod itself is top notch though :)

Am I the only one who's had problems?

I've got the 3 way head, used it around 5 or 6 times & in that time the cork ontop has come off & the wing nut that holds the head when moving between landscape & portrait has come off too.

The cork pad has come unstuck on mine too, and there is also a significant amount of play in part of the head movement mechanism... its the first joint from the top plate... it moves about 10 degrees. Not impressed... But then, it was only £14.99

I had that movement on mine, it just needed tightening with the supplied Allen key.

Pics as promised. (Sorry for the crappy pics, I only had my iPhone handy!)
nut.jpg

cork.jpg

I have to agree the design is very crude & cheap. I don't have much choice but to replace the head with a better one, if I knew now back then that this would happen I don't think i would have chosen Redsnapper, or I would have bought a more expensive head.

The cork pad has come unstuck on mine too, and there is also a significant amount of play in part of the head movement mechanism... its the first joint from the top plate... it moves about 10 degrees. Not impressed... But then, it was only £14.99

The cork on mine has come off as well, but for the price i'm happy.

Surely if the head was damaged in transit the shop you purchased it from will be able to replace or at least repair it - I wouldn't go buying a new one just yet.
Contact the shop you bought the tripod and head from, if that doesn't work contact Giotto's - here's the number off their website 0845 250 0790

Have either of you contacted redsnapper about this?

I've bought the tripod and head package used from MPB and the shop partly refund the cost of the head for me and i kept the tripod leg.

I've still got the broken pieces on the head but i don't think giottos will do anything with that.

Have either of you contacted redsnapper about this?

Personally I haven't, I bought the tripod over a year or so ago, but in that time I think I've only used it a handful of times. I don't think Redsnapper would do anything about it due to the time that has passed.

Last edited:
Ask them, you never know :)

I've bought the tripod and head package used from MPB and the shop partly refund the cost of the head for me and i kept the tripod leg.

I've still got the broken pieces on the head but i don't think giottos will do anything with that.

Why not give them a call and see what they can do - no harm :shrug:

Back