Redsnapper Tripod

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
No
Hi all!

So, I have decided to go for a Redsnapper tripod. Looks good, has a good review, is not silly money, and I think it will be a great "starter" tripod.

I think I will be going for the RS-283, but not sure which head? The RSH-528 or the RSH-12 Ball Head. Can someone tell me the difference (other than the obvious visual difference! :bonk:) and the pro's and con's for each.

Also, the website doesn't seem to say anything about load capacity, can you tell me what each combination could take?

Cheers

Emma

cant go wrong for the money.

I bought this one

http://www.redsnapperuk.com/camera-accessories/RS-284___RSH-12_Ball_head.html

Used it a couple of times and have no issues. used with a 5D2 and a 25 105 L.

Comes with a decent bag, a second shorter centre pole, level, and the ball head is sturdy.

if you were a serious pro with 500mm lens it may not be suitable but for a serious amatuer looking for a reasonably priced sturdy tripod then its ideal.

I think they offer a 10% discount for TP members. If you are in essex you are welcome to take a look at mine. Im billericay way.
Greg

Thanks Greg.

The biggest lens at the moment is a 70-200mm, and the camera my partner has is a D800, so the Redsnapper should be OK, right?

i would have thought it would be fine.

drop the guys at redsnapper a line or give them a call. They are very helpfull. There gear is of good quality. I used one of their bags for a 12 month trip through central and south america and it lasted the whole journey.

I have one with the ball head and it supports my IDMkIII with 72-200 2.8 MkII with no problems. I'm sure it would take a heavier and longer combo if required.

Also, the website doesn't seem to say anything about load capacity, can you tell me what each combination could take?

Cheers

Emma

Click on "Size And Details" under the photo of the tripods, it will give you the load capacity (y)

Redsnapper is a good site and the folks there are very helpful. The tripods are good and sturdy, and compare favourably to the more expensive ones.

RSH-12 ball head (y)

RSH-12 ball head (y)

+1 However the 528 maybe more useful for video.
I really like the RSH-12 head I have. Also the 324 tripod, because I prefer the snap-locks, vs the twist locks on the 283's legs.
The 283 will take about 8KG, the 324 12KG.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying one of the Redsnapper tripods, I don't think I've seen a single bad thing said about them :)

Well I ordered the RS-283 tripod and ordered the ball head... And the 3-way! I thought, what the hell, its a present for my partner, so he decide which one he prefers. I think I will prefer the ball head.

Well I ordered the RS-283 tripod and ordered the ball head... And the 3-way! I thought, what the hell, its a present for my partner, so he decide which one he prefers. I think I will prefer the ball head.

Tell us what you think of it when it comes and you've had the chance to use it! It's probably going to be a good review of it as every other one I've seen but the more thumbs up the better :LOL:

I will definitely post a review, think it certainly helped me reading reviews. Cannot wait to use it... I mean give it to my partner to use it. I did buy it for him... Honest!

i have had my redsnapper about 4 yrs now and never had a problem with it, ive used it with many combo's and the heaviest was prob my gripped 40d with sigma 150-500 OS and the tripod and ballhead held their own no probs, so regarding holding alot of weight i have no issues with the redsnapper tripods and heads.

Andy

Back