redsnapper tripods

Name
michael
Edit My Images
Yes
hi

i,m gonna order a tripod from joe tomo,but i,m unsure of which head to buy?
Can anybody help me choose? i mainly got the macro lens on my camera but off too cornwall with the kids for half term so i will hopefully have the sigma10-20mm on the camera. Any one know which will be best for my needs?

many thanks
mick

was down at Mr Mikes on friday night and played around with my 283c and ball head. If you reverse the centre column you can have the camera at all kinds of angles upside down (and the right way up in portrait) from touching the floor or table up to whatever height. i guess this would be ideal for macro and the ball head has very little stuff sticking out of it which would obstruct the positioning of the camera. a 3 way head would be nightmare in this position.

So i gather a ball head is going to suit my needs, whats the differance between the 2 tripods they sell?

283 has 3 section legs and packs down to around 620mm, 284 has 4 section legs and packs down shorter at 490mm, 283c is carbon fibre and weighs 2/3lb less than the standard 283.

3 leg versions theoretically more stable and a bit quicker to erect - half the time I only end up extending one of the leg sections. 4 Leg version shorter so sits nicer on a rucsack. Not much in it tbh.

They are either 3 section legs (283) or 4 (284) then you have different materials as well which will affect the weight of the thing.

Edit: Beaten to it!

i,l think i,l go for the 284 got to be more stable with an extra leg?

thankyou
Mick

sorry, might have been a bit misleading in my reply - they both have 3 legs, just with the 283 each leg has 3 sections and the 284 each leg has 4 sections so folds away slightly shorter

i,l think i,l go for the 284 got to be more stable with an extra leg?

thankyou
Mick

it doesn't have 4 legs, it has three just like any other TRIpod. its just that the telescopic legs are in 4 sections compared to 3. so theoretically the 4 section legs are less stable because there are more joints, but given the quality and type of the red snapper twist locks i dont think there would be much in it .

Al

I would have thought the word tripod said enough!!! Silly me four legs lol:wacky:

Back