Redsnapper Tripods

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got anything to say about Redsnapper tripods? I've had a look on their website and I'm thinking about buying this

It's either going to be a "don't you dare" or a "go for it!" :LOL:

Have a redsnapper with ball head. Excellent tripod for the money.

So my advice is "Go for it!"

Have a redsnapper with ball head. Excellent tripod for the money.

So my advice is "Go for it!"

I think that's going to be the plan :)

I've just cheekily emailed them asking if I could get 10% of for being a member here, someone has said they have a discount for us. It's worth a try I guess :LOL:

I've got that set, it's worlds apart from the plastic junk you get in the £10-£40 bracket.

The only think I don't like about it is you can't tilt the head very far back. It also came with a very good quality bag.

I have that one. With a budget of £100 I had looked in jessops etc, decided to order a redsnapper.

Nothing I looked at within my budget comes close to the quality of the redsnapper

I've got one and love it to bits. The build quality is outstanding for the price. Only downside is that its heavy, which can be a good and bad thing depending on conditions.

I have the RS 324 tripod and the RSH 243 head.

It is a really sturdy set up. Not the lightest, but also not the heaviest. The tops of the legs are cushioned so carrying it extended over you shoulder is not uncomfortable. I used it to carry a 80mm scope around a bird reserve for about 3 hours with no problem, and as already said, it comes with a very handy and comfortable carrying bag.

Dave

I have the carbon tripod with ballhead. Brilliant tripod and the bag is really comfy.
I've had this sometime and just replaced the ballhead as I've realised it has movement in it when locked which is causing me bluring issues. I thought it was my technique, but having swapped to a manfrotto head I've had no issues.

I did have a leg fall off mine, best to check them every now and again with the allen key supplied

i`ve had one for about 3 years now, with no issues at all, i`,ve got a manfrotto head on mine though.

Sounds promising :) I might have gone off the idea of a tripod for now though, I feel a bag might be more important to make sure I don't wreck my stuff

I have one (a 4 section jobby with a ballhead), and I think it's fantastic. It's pretty heavy, but I don't go trekking with mine so I don't really care.

I'm sure there are better tripods out there, but you have to spend serious money to get them!

i am consdiering buying a redsnapper RST 283 tripod + RSH 61 ball head. any advice /comments welcomed particularly re quality , stability , and portability e.g walking , hiking etc . is it heavy in reality ? ;)

RJP123 I too am looking at that or have you bought it alreadY

I bought a rfs 284 and well happy, even happier when i found i can use it as a tripod to mount my buzzer bars when fishing the river.

I have the RSF-284 and RSH-61 ball head and they're great. Very sturdy and well made.

I would say definitely buy one you will not be disappointed!

Last edited:
Only tripods we use in our house :) have upgraded the heads but use the redsnapper heads on our monopods :-D

Sorry! meant to start a new thread, whoops.

Last edited:
Although Redsnapper get plenty of praise here with there tripods i unfortunately don't agree with the majority, I'm not someone who uses tripods too much at all but i picked up the basic model personally i found the head would float back n forth some just a few mm which i lived with yet just under 2 year of very little usage the twist collar system became faulty so one leg would be quite loose and not lock in place.

I contacted Joe from Redsnapper in March this year he replied very quick initially but after contacting him again a further two times afterwards i received no response at all to the point i have just given up with Redsnapper and now have spent my money with Manfrotto now :shrug:

Hi Steve, have you heard of Redged tripods. I am thinking of buying one of their tripods. Have a good day, Lenny

with yet just under 2 year of very little usage the twist collar system became faulty so one leg would be quite loose and not lock in place.

I was going to start another thread but may as well ask here :)
I've had one for about 10 months and barely used it until the last week. One of the trwistie collars suddenly locked solid, so the leg wont extend. I emailed RS for advice and have been told their tech guy is away until the end of the month.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it themselves?

you could try heating or cooling it, or oil. The rubber grip might rotate by itself too...

Hair dryer or hot water to heat it! Good thinking - if it was someone else posting the question, i'd have thought of it straight away ;)

I was going to start another thread but may as well ask here :)
I've had one for about 10 months and barely used it until the last week. One of the trwistie collars suddenly locked solid, so the leg wont extend. I emailed RS for advice and have been told their tech guy is away until the end of the month.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it themselves?
I'm a bit late in replying but my problem was not due too the collar was not a locking solid problem instead the plastic sleeve inside feel in pieces, I contacted Joe who initially responded and then numerous further emails/messages made received no response and its months ago now :thumbsdown:

I replaced it with a Manfrotto and no problems with that (y)

I have just purchased a Redsnapper RSF-284 tripod with the RSH-12 ballhead. Delivery to Germany was less than three days. I am very happy with this product. It is extremely sturdy and feels "right". My one and only niggle with regards to the tripod is that the legs had been attached the wrong way, in other words the red locking latches were inboard. I had to remove the legs and rotate them 180 degrees. No big problem, fixed within 10 minutes ! The carry bag is really good quality, but would probably be of more use if it was big enough to also hold the ballhead. Again, this is not a big problem for me as I have the space available in my Camera bag. Overall, for the money, I have to say this is probably unbeatable.

very happy with mine. think i'd have to spend £150-£200 to get something of better quality from one of the main branded makes!
I too use a Manfrotto ball head, because i ordered the redsnapper tripod with a tilt pan head!

Back